CNET Editors' review
CaliBrate for Mac allows you to create custom calendar search criteria, load a number of events that match that criteria, and then edit, move, or copy/paste them in bulk. The result is an app that could be useful if only it provided more guidance on how to use its many functions. While the tool offers quite a few options for how to search and edit events, the options are not always easy to navigate.
When you open CaliBrate, you can start searching immediately, but must allow it access to your calendars. On the main screen, you will set search criteria, choosing when to search, what events to look for, and which calendar to search on. You can then filter those results in search, and then define actions, all on different screens. There is no walk-through here -- everything is onscreen in five screens, but it won't tell you when to do the next step or what that next step necessarily entails. As a result, you might spend quite a bit of time jumping back and forth between options to see what you can do with the data you just pulled. The search function was fairly quick and the interface is all there; but without a clear indication of what everything does, there is a learning curve.
Despite that learning curve, the app works as advertised and has quite a few functions. We experienced no slow down or bugs during our tests and were able to make batch edits fairly quickly in a number of different calendars stored on a Mac. This is a trial version of the software and has limitations in how you can use the tools; the full version would be useful for someone who makes frequent bulk changes to their calendar, however.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of CaliBrate for Mac 1.8.4
From Wooden Brain Concepts:
CaliBrate allows you to create and batch process Calendar (iCal) events. Batch process Calendar or iCal events. Flexible search criteria. Edit events and alarms in events drawer. Drop text onto Magic Hat from any source for data detector-like event creation.
What's new in this version:
- Compatibility update for Mavericks.
- When moving or copying recurring events on 10.9+, excluded dates are no longer retained, due to an OS X bug that hangs Calendar.
More Products to Consider
- Simple alarm clock & timer.
- Enhanced calendar app with iCal and Google Calendar sync/sharin...
- Scientific and Programmers desktop calculator with variables an...
- Powerful general purpose text editor, and Unix and server admin...
- Save & organize any text you may want handy.
- Edit mind maps, XML/HTML documents, and directory trees.
- Countup/countdown chronometer.
- Play a wide range of audio files at variable speed to assist wi...
- Personal finance and money management for individuals and small...
- List of all active shortcuts of the current application.
- Clear duplicate contacts out of Address Book.
- Easy and free Personal todo list and shared task list for your ...
- OneNote-style note taking and clipping app.
- Removes blank and duplicate events from iCal.
- All-in-1 tool for tracking and analyzing your investments and t...
- ICal add-on for managing event invitation replies.
- Sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose.
- Mailing list software with dynamic content customization.
- A goofy idea organizer and information manager.
- Video SIP softphone application.
- Mines text data for string occurrences.
- Little calendar utility for your menu bar.
- Organize and manage your finances and track your spending.
- Shows today's & tomorrow's Entourage events.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: