CNET Editors' review
Though this multifaceted burning tool won't win any beauty awards, it has almost everything Windows users need to create CDs and DVDs. One of the most glaring needs for Windows XP users is a DVD burner, and CDBurnerXP Pro fits the bill well. Despite a slightly confusing interface, this freeware tool should not disappoint users who take the time to familiarize themselves with its functionality.
The core of the program's feature set consists of three main tasks, which are prompted via a wizard upon start-up: writing data CDs and DVDs, creating CDs for audio playback, and ripping music from CDs or editing ID3 tags. Canceling the wizard results in a rather blank blue screen with only a few selections in the toolbar. In order to work on a new project, you'll need to select one of the options, which can be brought back via the "New document" icon in the upper left. Unfortunately, you can't even open an existing project without selecting one of the wizard options first. The program supports both burnproof and on-the-fly disc writing, as well as bootable ISO files, but it cannot burn double-layer DVDs, a feature promised for version 3.5, which is currently in alpha development. While it may take users some time to learn how to use it effectively, CDBurnerXP Pro is a competent tool and a great value.
From Stefan Haglund:
CDBurnerXP is an application to burn optical disks including CD, DVD, H-DVD, Blu-Ray Disks. It can create ISO and Multilanguage interface.
It is able to burn audio-CDs with or without gaps between tracks. Data verification can be done after burning process. The software also can be used as bin/nrg to ISO converter and can used for simple cover printing.
What's new in this version: Version 22.214.171.12478 includes the following fixes:
- Full capacity of CD-R should be considered when burning audio discs
- Fixed two missing translations
- Fixed long filenames in UDF not being shortened automatically
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Create CD-ROM images and convert disc image files into ISO form...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Rip any DVD and CD into ISO image via right-click.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Burn your data and audio CDs and DVDs.
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 files.
- Rip, burn, and manipulate audio and data files to and from CD.
- Create all sorts of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Convert, rip, and burn media files directly from My computer or...
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Create and burn DVD and CD discs.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Burn data, audio or ISO files into CD or DVD discs.
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Create data CD and DVD including bootable disks and ISO images ...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Create ISO and burn to a CD/DVD disc, rip CD and DVD to ISO.
- Create and burn ISO images.
All versions:3.9 stars
out of 466 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Read the EULA - You agree to install Opencandy"
Version: CDBurnerXP 126.96.36.19978
I didn't get that far. Because I don't intentionally install malware.
Open Candy is spyware.
I wonder if you can install program, use Malware remover to remove Opencandy and still have a functional program?
"An essential program in my opinion"
Version: CDBurnerXP 188.8.131.5278
You can burn data discs, DVDs, CDs, ISO images, and you can directly copy CDs and data discs from one drive to another, as well as erase rewritable discs. I believe you can also create ISOs and bootable discs.
I really can't think of any.
I've been using this for all my disc authoring needs and have yet to experience any problems. I've burned about fifty data discs and about ten ISO images, all without fault, so it's definitely a dependable program. I've had no reason to look for an alternative. Although, if you're planning to make DVDs with menus, I'm not sure if it has that feature or not.