CNET Editors' review
Though this multifaceted burning tool won't win any beauty awards, it has almost everything Windows users need to create CDs and DVDs. One of the most glaring needs for Windows XP users is a DVD burner, and CDBurnerXP Pro fits the bill well. Despite a slightly confusing interface, this freeware tool should not disappoint users who take the time to familiarize themselves with its functionality.
The core of the program's feature set consists of three main tasks, which are prompted via a wizard upon start-up: writing data CDs and DVDs, creating CDs for audio playback, and ripping music from CDs or editing ID3 tags. Canceling the wizard results in a rather blank blue screen with only a few selections in the toolbar. In order to work on a new project, you'll need to select one of the options, which can be brought back via the "New document" icon in the upper left. Unfortunately, you can't even open an existing project without selecting one of the wizard options first. The program supports both burnproof and on-the-fly disc writing, as well as bootable ISO files, but it cannot burn double-layer DVDs, a feature promised for version 3.5, which is currently in alpha development. While it may take users some time to learn how to use it effectively, CDBurnerXP Pro is a competent tool and a great value.
From Stefan Haglund:
CDBurnerXP is an application to burn optical disks including CD, DVD, H-DVD, Blu-Ray Disks. It can create ISO and Multilanguage interface.
It is able to burn audio-CDs with or without gaps between tracks. Data verification can be done after burning process. The software also can be used as bin/nrg to ISO converter and can used for simple cover printing.
What's new in this version:
- Added support for ALAC.
- Changed default file system back to ISO/Joliet for compatibility reasons.
- Better error message when switching file systems.
- Fixed 0x800402A1 error not displayed with proper error message.
- Fixed a problem with renaming files that do not adhere to the file system limitations.
- Fixed incorrect verification logging timing when burning ISO images.
- Fixed: Burn speed possibly changing when burning multiple copi... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Create CD-ROM images and convert disc image files into ISO form...
- Rip any DVD and CD into ISO image via right-click.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Burn your data and audio CDs and DVDs.
- Rip, burn, and manipulate audio and data files to and from CD.
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 files.
- Create all sorts of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Convert, rip, and burn media files directly from My computer or...
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Create and burn DVD and CD discs.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Burn data, audio or ISO files into CD or DVD discs.
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Create data CD and DVD including bootable disks and ISO images ...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Create ISO and burn to a CD/DVD disc, rip CD and DVD to ISO.
- Create and burn ISO images.
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
All versions:3.9 stars
out of 467 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"EASY BREEZY! NO BETTER ONE OUT THERE THAT'S FREE!"
Version: CDBurnerXP 188.8.131.5243
NONE THAT I FOUND
NONE THAT I FOUND
BURNING CD'S AND DVD'S MINUTES AFTER DOWNLOADING THE SOFTWARE.
MUCH THANKS TO CNET FOR HOSTING THIS FREEBIE!