CNET Editors' review
Though this multifaceted burning tool won't win any beauty awards, it has almost everything Windows users need to create CDs and DVDs. One of the most glaring needs for Windows XP users is a DVD burner, and CDBurnerXP Pro fits the bill well. Despite a slightly confusing interface, this freeware tool should not disappoint users who take the time to familiarize themselves with its functionality.
The core of the program's feature set consists of three main tasks, which are prompted via a wizard upon start-up: writing data CDs and DVDs, creating CDs for audio playback, and ripping music from CDs or editing ID3 tags. Canceling the wizard results in a rather blank blue screen with only a few selections in the toolbar. In order to work on a new project, you'll need to select one of the options, which can be brought back via the "New document" icon in the upper left. Unfortunately, you can't even open an existing project without selecting one of the wizard options first. The program supports both burnproof and on-the-fly disc writing, as well as bootable ISO files, but it cannot burn double-layer DVDs, a feature promised for version 3.5, which is currently in alpha development. While it may take users some time to learn how to use it effectively, CDBurnerXP Pro is a competent tool and a great value.
From Stefan Haglund:
CDBurnerXP is an application to burn optical disks including CD, DVD, H-DVD, Blu-Ray Disks. It can create ISO and Multilanguage interface.
It is able to burn audio-CDs with or without gaps between tracks. Data verification can be done after burning process. The software also can be used as bin/nrg to ISO converter and can used for simple cover printing.
What's new in this version: Version 126.96.36.19903 adjusted ISO split file name for sorting and fixed issues with size calculation.
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Burn the files and images on CD and DVD discs.
- Rip CDs, convert audio files, and burn discs easily.
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Convert and backup DVDs to AVI, DivX, iPod, iPhone, iPad, WMV, ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Convert FLAC audio files to MP3.
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Convert your MP3 files fast and easily.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Play your favorite audio and video files on PC.
- Convert between CUE sheet format files.
- Change system clock resolution.
- Search for and find required audio files.
- Navigate Active Directory database.
- Create all sorts of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Read text aloud and save the spoken speech as mp3 and wav audio...
- Execute all the debugger commands on your PC.
- Enrich your VSTi library with an additive synthesizer.
- Launch programs under different accounts easily.
- Get a handy and reliable utility designed to generate .ISO file...
All versions:3.9 stars
out of 456 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Great piece of CD burning software"
Version: CDBurnerXP 188.8.131.5203
Has worked for a couple of months without fail
Lots of features
No silly viruses
Sometimes copying an audio CD won't work
"10 Years of Perfect operation."
Version: CDBurnerXP 184.108.40.20603
10 years of service. PERFECT INSTALL. PERFECT OPERATION.
All the updates & installs with no GLICHES. How many were there.
I'll say no less than 15 installs, updates and operation.
FREE is Great to. :>)
Can't wait to see more apps in the future.
Respect the old dog and the old dog won't bit. lol