From PC-Magic Software:
CD-Lock provides excellent CD security by encrypting your files with Blowfish and scrambling the filenames. But unlike normal encrypted files, with CD-Lock you don't have to decrypt the files before you use them. Just enter your password when the CD is inserted and CD-Lock automatically unscrambles the filenames and decrypts the files, instantly behind the scenes, as you use them. Security only encryption can provide without the hassle. Version 7.03.2 has Vista update, minor improvements.
What's new in this version: Version 7.03.2 has Vista update, minor improvements.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Encrypt every cell inside a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Protect your files, folders, and passwords with good encryption...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Hide, lock, protect, and encrypt your folders and files.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Encrypt files and programs to protect your personal data.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Hide any files and folders.
- Encrypt your word documents.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Randomize letters of each word to make texts more challenging t...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Securely store and manage your passwords.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Encrypt and add your own signature to documents and files trans...
- Archive your files with 128-bit data encryption.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Encrypt your files for privacy protection.
All versions:3.6 stars
out of 8 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Had to give up and use a different product"
Version: CD-Lock 7.03
On paper, CD-Lock seems great. Simple interface, fast, and with the added bonus (which I needed) of decrypting every file at once as opposed to individually when clicked on: good if you need to have say an exe load other files (external swfs, etc.).
Discs will unlock, working as advertised. But the only way to view the content is to right-click on the disc and select open. If you double-click on the disc, you're asked what program you want to use to open the "file." Unacceptable for clients.
Would have given this product more of a chance, but I was under a deadline, and the support from the company was singularly unhelpful. Lots of "Not sure" and "I don't know" without any requests for clarification that would have helped to narrow down the problem. Got the impression of a bored teenager on the other end of our email exchange.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: