CNET Editors' review
Birthday Reminder is a simple program that reminds users of important birthdays. There's not much to it, but it does provide birthday reminders as promised.
The program's interface is sparse, consisting only of a space to enter a name and birth date. There's really not much else to do, and the built-in Help file confirms this by saying, in essence, "Enter birthdays and the program will remind you of them." The only preference that can be set is for when the reminders appear; users can choose anytime from three days before the birthday to the date itself. Users can also create a back-up of the birthdays in case the file needs to be restored. And that is the entirety of Birthday Reminder's functionality. Although it's a very simple program, it does what it's supposed to do, with one important caveat: the program displays birthdays when the user's computer is started up. For users who go days without rebooting, this program will be useless.
Birthday Reminder is a free program. It comes as a ZIP file and leaves a folder behind upon removal. We recommend this program to users who need a bare-bones birthday reminder and who restart their computers daily; for other users, there are reminders that are better integrated with other programs and offer more functionality.
From Harshal Productions:
Birthday reminder is a program that reminds you of your friends' birthdays when you start your computer. Advance options enable you to export your birthday and remind you up to three days in advance. It includes an editor to edit the birthday database. This is an ideal tool for people are likely to forget important things. Version 5.5 adds the options for backing up and restoring birthdays.
What's new in this version: Support for backing up and restoring birthdays
More Products to Consider
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Register telephone numbers, e-mails, and birthdays.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Track your important events and get reminders of them.
- Make photo calendars from your Facebook photos with ease.
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Schedule events, then print, and display each month.
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Remind yourself about your friends birthdays.
- Get voice reminders of your tasks on your computer and telephon...
- Organize your schedule and provide reminders of upcoming events...
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Track, display, and get reminders of birthdays, anniversaries, ...
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- An easy to use calendar with reminders.
- Customize your taskbar clock with time announcements, images, a...
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Plan and organize events, tasks, GMail checker, notes, RSS feed...
All versions:3.1 stars
out of 14 votes
Current version:2.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"a very simple workable program"
Version: Birthday Reminder 5.5
big and tasty
very usefulthot this was going to be great, then for some reason the program dropped out of my system. seemed just the thing at the beginning.
Updated on May 17, 2011
Version: Birthday Reminder 5.5
Not much, it did not alert me to a B/day
It's just crap, did'nt work first time, flicked it off.
Don't bother with it!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: