From Owl Software:
Basic Bookkeeping is an accounting program for business owners, not accountants. Unlike double entry systems, Basic Bookkeeping's single entry method is intuitive. You simply enter your income and expenses. There are no credits, debits or other accounting jargon to worry about. The single entry method is well suited to most small businesses including independent contractors, sole proprietors, partnerships and S-corporations. Favoring functionality over glitzy graphics, the user interface reduces input time and errors. Many of our users have come to appreciate BBK's elegant simplicity after being frustrated by Quick Books and other bloated accounting systems
What's new in this version: Version 7.1.2 updates reports to enable generation of profit reports for fiscal months.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Track and report incoming and outgoing cash flow including sale...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Manage your business and personal finance with multiple feature...
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Manage your everyday spending and monthly outgoings.
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Keep track of bills with reminders.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Organize inventory management and accounting of your company.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Take care of your accounting, project tracking, and inventory n...
- Manage inventory in one or several locations.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Record and monitor your financial transactions.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Keep track of your small business accounts.
- Manage and predict your financial accounts status.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Prepare the pages of federal form 1120, Corporation Income Tax ...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Simple and Basic"
Version: Basic Bookkeeping 7.0.2
A trial program which requires a license eventually; It has kind of old school appearance, and isnt web based or cloud usable. It is great for me because it doesn't require any accounting knowledge, or take weeks to figure out. Simple to setup and use, within minutes. You simply add/give names to "accounts" such as Income, travel, office Supplies, etc. Then simply type in the numbers. It auto fills dates, recalls last entry, auto fills the stuff nobody wants to retype for entries. It provides the very basic reports, which is all I wanted. It could be used to "keep up" once a month if you collect receipts all month. It could be used to do taxes or bring reports to the accountant. This is a good program, I just think it is slightly pricey for the license. I think its like 50 bucks or so
Cant use it with mobile or web, have to be at the laptop
very good program for the (very) small business owner or sales person who doesnt have time to learn accounting programs and nuances. Not for a person who wants to make entries via mobile.
It is a cash accounting type of program which categorizes expenses and income and allows for a basic report. Its clearly not for larger businesses, with inventory, calculating depreciation and other more advanced accounting needs. its basically like a cash book- which is why I think its a little pricey for that..but I mean, under $50 bucks isnt the end of the world if it makes life better. I think today with mobile apps for free, charging 9.99 for it might be more in line.