From Owl Software:
Basic Bookkeeping is an accounting program for business owners, not accountants. Unlike double entry systems, Basic Bookkeeping's single entry method is intuitive. You simply enter your income and expenses. There are no credits, debits or other accounting jargon to worry about. The single entry method is well suited to most small businesses including independent contractors, sole proprietors, partnerships and S-corporations. Favoring functionality over glitzy graphics, the user interface reduces input time and errors. Many of our users have come to appreciate BBK's elegant simplicity after being frustrated by Quick Books and other bloated accounting systems
What's new in this version: Version 7.1.2 updates reports to enable generation of profit reports for fiscal months.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Manage income and expenses for your small business.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Manage your business and personal finance with multiple feature...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Manage your everyday spending and monthly outgoings.
- Create, view, edit and share word, spreadsheet and presentation...
- Keep track of bills with reminders.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Manage inventory in one or several locations.
- Organize inventory management and accounting of your company.
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Take care of your accounting, project tracking, and inventory n...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Manage your income, expenses, schedules, and passwords.
- Track and report incoming and outgoing cash flow including sale...
- Convert your PDF files into various image formats.
- Manage your finances quickly and easily, plan your budget.
- Record and monitor your financial transactions.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Simple and Basic"
Version: Basic Bookkeeping 7.0.2
A trial program which requires a license eventually; It has kind of old school appearance, and isnt web based or cloud usable. It is great for me because it doesn't require any accounting knowledge, or take weeks to figure out. Simple to setup and use, within minutes. You simply add/give names to "accounts" such as Income, travel, office Supplies, etc. Then simply type in the numbers. It auto fills dates, recalls last entry, auto fills the stuff nobody wants to retype for entries. It provides the very basic reports, which is all I wanted. It could be used to "keep up" once a month if you collect receipts all month. It could be used to do taxes or bring reports to the accountant. This is a good program, I just think it is slightly pricey for the license. I think its like 50 bucks or so
Cant use it with mobile or web, have to be at the laptop
very good program for the (very) small business owner or sales person who doesnt have time to learn accounting programs and nuances. Not for a person who wants to make entries via mobile.
It is a cash accounting type of program which categorizes expenses and income and allows for a basic report. Its clearly not for larger businesses, with inventory, calculating depreciation and other more advanced accounting needs. its basically like a cash book- which is why I think its a little pricey for that..but I mean, under $50 bucks isnt the end of the world if it makes life better. I think today with mobile apps for free, charging 9.99 for it might be more in line.