BBEdit 9 has a built-in auto-completion feature, however BBAutoComplete is preferable in some ways. Depending where your cursor is, BBEdit may ignore potential completions, even if the words appear just a few lines away in the same document. BBAutoComplete consistently shows the same completions, and it prefers words from the same document to words from the dictionary. It's also case-sensitive, to narrow the list to the most relevant completions.
What's new in this version:
- Revised the instructions for Microsoft Word to recommend running the script using FastScripts because that seems to work around a bug in Word 2011.
- Clarified the locations of script folders.
- Modernized lots of code and removed old code that's no longer needed for compatibility with legacy OS versions.
- BBAutoComplete is better at repairing folder ownership and permissions.
- Updated the Gatekeeper signature format.
- The Software Update... featur... See all new features »