From C-Command Software:
BBAutoComplete adds word auto-completion to Affrus, BBEdit, Mailsmith, Microsoft Word, Script Debugger, Smile, Tex-Edit Plus, and TextWrangler. You type the start of a word, press a key, and BBAutoComplete types the letters to complete the word. If BBAutoComplete guessed wrong, you can keep pressing the key to cycle through other possible completions. Other auto-completion utilities need to be taught the abbreviations and expansions that you use; BBAutoComplete avoids this hassle by automatically looking for expansions in the program's open documents. This means that it always suggests completions that are relevant to your current task. BBAutoComplete is probably most useful for programmers, who need to remember and type long variable and method names, but it can also help with prose writing. It's useful any time you need to type long words quickly and accurately. BBEdit 9 has a built-in auto-completion feature, however BBAutoComplete is preferable in some ways. Depending where your cursor is, BBEdit may ignore potential completions, even if the words appear just a few lines away in the same document. BBAutoComplete consistently shows the same completions, and it prefers words from the same document to words from the dictionary. It's also case-sensitive, to narrow the list to the most relevant completions.
What's new in this version:
- Added support for TextWrangler 4. Also, completion now works in TextWrangler search results browser windows.
- BBAutoComplete now has an automatic keyboard shortcut in Microsoft Word 2011. (Previous versions of Word need FastScripts to assign a shortcut.)
- BBAutoComplete now runs as 64-bit under Mac OS X 10.6 and later, which should make it launch faster.
- BBAutoComplete is now code-signed using a Developer ID certificate for Gatekeeper.
- Modernized the Sof... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Updates Java components.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Manage business database applications.
- Rapidly prototype websites and application interfaces.
- Generates sorted word lists from text files.
- Create games for Mac, PC, or Web with a free development tool.
- Popular HTML & text editor.
- Powerful general purpose text editor, and Unix and server admin...
- Save & organize any text you may want handy.
- Get a multilingual dictionary sorted by categories.
- Create crossed words and grids easily.
- Affinic debugger user interface for OS X.
- Guess a word in up to five attempts.
- Sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose.
- Distraction-free text editor.
- Advanced property list & preference editor.