CNET Editors' review
Linasoft's AutoPlay Menu Builder offers a simple method for building digital menus. Perfect for DVDs and CD-ROMs, its usefulness easily overcomes some minor design hurdles.
We headed straight for the Help file and its topic-by-topic instructions upon opening this program. The layout was a cluttered collection of separate command windows surrounding the main screen and didn't make sense at first, but these issues were quickly sorted out, improving navigation overall. AutoPlay wisely offers about seven different templates for making menus, ranging from DVDs to tutorials and software installations. There's also an option to build a menu from scratch, but this proved fairly difficult to lay out in a professional manner. We liked AutoPlay's drag-and-drop simplicity and the ability to type the proper information in the templates and set each menu button's functionality and color with an easy onscreen wizard. All of the templates produced a professional-looking screen that would be right at home with any piece of software. We felt the program's finest feature was its option to run a virtual test of your new menu to make sure everything is linked up perfectly.
While its interface was a little too busy for our tastes at first, AutoPlay Menu Builder proved to be worth our time, and we recommend it. We appreciated this program's usefulness, once we got over the initial screen shock. The free trial version downloads as a compressed file and opens with a nag screen. The full version costs $49.95. It's fully compatible with Windows 7.
AutoPlay Menu Builder is one of the best tools for creating an automatic playing menu to launch your CD-ROM. No programming experience is necessary. Just click and drag your mouse a few times, and like magic you can build a menu which will pop up when your CD-ROM is inserted into the drive. From the menu you can run applications, open documents, and play movies.
What's new in this version: Version 6.2 has added new options to customize text message in slide show window.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Develop autoplay applications in a 1-2-3 step approach.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Create autorun animated flashing screens for your multimedia pr...
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Create AutoPlay CD or DVD menus.
- Watch movies and listen to your favourite songs of different fo...
- Create professional autoplay menus and interactive presentation...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Create professional royalty-free autorun (autoplay) CD-ROM menu...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Create customised menus for launching programs and opening file...
- Build your own Autoplay discs and thumb drives with menus.
- Create small, fast-loading AutoPlay teasers for your data CD an...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Create custom menus for your CDs.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Paly audio CDs with full CDDB and CD-Text support.
- Create Autorun CD Menu for presentations, documentations or e-b...
All versions:3.2 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Autoplay Menu Builder...Does it all!"
Version: AutoPlay Menu Builder 6.2
Easy to use;
Does What It Is Supposed To Do!
A Little Pricey, but worth it!
AutoPlay Menu Builder is quick to install, easy to use, and flawless in operation.
"one of the best autoplay menu makers"
Version: AutoPlay Menu Builder 6.2
i found a lot of good features in this program
i liked it