The AstoundSound Expander 3.0 is a software application that runs on your Macintosh or PC. Expander is always running in the background processing audio from all applications.
It takes any stereo audio as input and produces a significantly wider stereo image, while preserving center information (e.g. vocals or center staged instruments), in real time.
The result is a wider, fuller and richer listening experience that can be heard while playing music, a movie, a video game or any application that produces audio.
- Expander 3.0 runs on Macintosh and Windows, and activates through any application that produces sound.
- Virtual audio device driver capturing & processing all audio in real-time.
- Optimized processing for better CPU & memory usage.
- User Interface control allows you to switch listening modes on demand. Meaning you can adjust from settings that are made for music, movies and games, each with its own slider.
- Keyboard short-cuts allow you to switch between listening modes and are customizable.
- Preamp increases or decreases input gain, reducing the possibility of distortion without losing any audio quality. So you can enjoy a rich, fuller sound experience, with every part of the sound remaining crisp and clear.
What's new in this version:
- Updated Music expansion settings for increased expansion effect
- Optimized Digital Signal Processing lets AstoundSound provide the very best in stereo expansion with minimum processing on the CPU and the smallest memory footprint possible
- Updated audio engine eliminates occasional periodic popping sounds, which used to occur under certain CPU loading conditions
- Simplified expansion reduces the number of stereo expansion positions, while improving expans... See all new features »