CNET Editors' review
Actual Transparent Window is an intriguing desktop enhancement that renders open windows transparent at the click of a button, making it easier to keep track of multiple windows at once. It can help you monitor downloads while working on another screen, or organize spreadsheets, stock charts, text files, and Web pages. You can use it as a drawing tool to trace images, create overlays, and even make your own new images.
The program is simplicity itself to use. It adds two small buttons to the Windows title bar, one for settings; the other for toggling the transparency on and off. You can exclude certain windows, set different levels of transparency, and even customize settings for different browsers, e-mail clients, or any program in the Windows Task Manager. A "ghosting" feature prevents accidental mouse clicks. You can save the settings for individual windows, too, which saves time with frequently used programs. You can also organize windows hierarchically by making less frequently used windows more transparent.
Having multiple transparent windows open at once may take some getting used to at first, but it's easy to organize them so that they reduce the clutter instead of adding to it. Actual Transparent Window really comes into its own when you need to refer back and forth to a number of documents, files, Web sites, or programs. The program downloads and installs quickly and easily, but it leaves some empty folders behind after uninstalling. Actual Transparent Window is free to try for 60 days with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
From Actual Tools:
Actual Transparent Window is an innovative Windows desktop enhancement which allows setting any level of transparency for any particular window on the desktop. With Actual Transparent Window it is easy to organize the simultaneously opened windows. You do not have to minimize and restore windows every time. Actual Transparent Window offers ordering to a fully customizable transparency levels that are saved individually for each window. Features include individual transparency rate, inactive window transparency, apply transparency effect while window is moved or is resized, toggle transparency or opaque window state by double click on title bar, and make transparency button.
What's new in this version: Version 8.0.1 fixed issues with uninstallation did not work because of the "DLL not found" error.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Adjust transparency level of your taskbars.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Create setup files on your Windows PC.
- Hide and unhide unwanted windows on your desktop.
- Organize your open windows by tiling, resizing, and positioning...
- Get transparent menus on your desktop.
- Enhance Firefox's default theme.
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Delete restricted files in Windows.
- Resize all your windows in one click.
- Minimize or maximize certain programs on desktop automatically.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"Works well - but you better buy it or pay the price"
Version: Actual Transparent Window 6.5.1
Great product works well
Non stop pop ups after the trial version is unistalled. Still can't figure out how to stop them. Considering lodging this app with virus outlets as a possible app to block.
Great program - but you had better buy it or pay the price with non stop annoying pop ups about buying the product. (Usually at the most inconvenient time)
"Works well but does not merit the $20 purchase price."
Version: Actual Transparent Window 6.2
Does everything it claims to do and the adjustable opacity is nice. I think Windows 7 has a similar feature built in.
The "Actual Transparent" program is novel but not really that useful. It was difficult to unload. Locked up my "Remove Program" function until I manually unloaded the TSR from the task bar.
I thought the program was going to be more useful to me but I still had to minimize or close the open window to get back to the other windows icons. Maybe it has a feature I missed, like right-clicking on the underlying icon to activate it.
"Get Windowblinds instead"
Version: Actual Transparent Window 3.6
Makes windows tranparent
Not worth the price. Get Windowblinds and Object Desktop. They can completely change your desktop
"Needs more work"
Version: Actual Transparent Window 2.7
Starting to look great guys,
It slowed down my PC and it didnt work all the time. Good luck in the future with this.