Built on a foundation of simplicity, Acorn eschews the outmoded "many palettes" design from yesterday's editors. Acorn presents a fluid new interface that will be familiar to users of Apple's iLife applications. Designed for simple editing, Acorn features flood fill, gradients, vector shapes, drawing and erasing tools, and more. It also brings a few new tricks to the table, including chaining filters and easy image and canvas resizing. From quickly adding text to an image to creating a new graphic with pixel-precise control to just sketching out ideas, Acorn is great for all kinds of image editing.
What's new in this version:
- Acorn will now remove the alpha channel from PNG files if it detects there is no transparency in your image.
- Smart Layer Export now has support for @3x images.
- The pencil tool is a bit more accurate.
- Fixed a bug where merging two layers where the top one had a blend mode of destination out would cause weird clipping.
- Minor speed fix when editing in full screen on 10.10.
- Other minor Yosemite fixes.
- Fixed a bug where the New Vie... See all new features »