This programs enables you to tweak your Windows 7 taskbar. Some of the features let users: display the standard window menu on right click instead of jump list; close or focus a window on middle click instead of running a new instance; dDisable grouping of windows by file path or application id; cycle through windows of a grouped button on left click instead of showing a thumbnails preview; open with while dropping a file on a taskbar button instead of pinning; disable thumbnail previews.
What's new in this version:
Changes in 2.1:
A several-times-requested feature to open pinned items with double click to avoid accidental clicking.
The tweaker is now compatible with Dexpot's SevenDex feature. Note that if you use the Don't group tweaker option, force SevenDex's Application ID to group for the thumbnails to show up correctly.
The installer works on Windows Server 2008 R2.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Tweak your Windows 7 taskbar on your desktop.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows user interface.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Wake up/remember important event to your favorite songs.
- Personalize your Windows 8 start and lock screens with your own...
- Monitor your processor temperature via a graph at the bottom of...
- Shut down your PC automatically.
- Arrange quick access to all the programs you use the most.
- Hide and show your open windows.
- Change color of your system taskbar.
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Set the caption of any window or other object within Microsoft ...
- Download video and image files from various sites easily.
- Create and use multiple virtual desktops.
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Wow! Does what I hoped it would... and MORE!"
Version: 7 Taskbar Tweaker (64-bit) 2.1.2
I hate how the thumbnail previews interfere with my design work. Whenever I'm working towards the bottom of a layout, up pop those task bar thumbnail previews every time my mouse passes near the task bar. No more!
At first, it looked like I'd have to do a registry hack to DELAY the hover effect, but then I found this sweet little program.
As it turns out, there are several other tweaks it will let you perform — many I can't wait to try out.
None! This program is great and does just what it sets out to do.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: