FileMaker Pro plug-in which allows for storing and reading application-wide global variables and persistent system-wide preferences. Preferences remain stored on the user's hard disk, so they can be accessed by multiple applications. Useful especially for solutions designed to be launched directly from CD-ROM. Global variables created with this plug-in are shared by all databases within one application, so you don't have to use any special global fields or relationships. Useful also for indication of multiple copies of the same database being opened.
- Create your own global variables on-the-fly
- Access your globals from any database within the same application
- No need for global fields and relationships
- Prevent opening multiple copies of the same database
- Save your custom preferences on user?s hard disk even when running from CD-ROM
- Share the same preferences across multiple applications
- Let your customers to keep their preferences when upgrading to new versions of your solution
- Implement serial number protection in minutes
This product is usefull for every FileMaker Pro developer who creates multi-file solutions. Global variables can be used as simpler replacement for gobal fields, and also let you to prevent opening multiple copies of the same database. Preferences are helpful when your solutions are opened from a locked volume, so they are exteremely useful for CD-ROM based demos and presentations. In commercial solutions, preferences will also simplify your upgrades and serial number protection.