From 24U Software:
FileMaker Pro plug-in which allows for storing and reading application-wide global variables and persistent system-wide preferences. Preferences remain stored on the user's hard disk, so they can be accessed by multiple applications. Useful especially for solutions designed to be launched directly from CD-ROM. Global variables created with this plug-in are shared by all databases within one application, so you don't have to use any special global fields or relationships. Useful also for indication of multiple copies of the same database being opened.
- Create your own global variables on-the-fly
- Access your globals from any database within the same application
- No need for global fields and relationships
- Prevent opening multiple copies of the same database
- Save your custom preferences on user?s hard disk even when running from CD-ROM
- Share the same preferences across multiple applications
- Let your customers to keep their preferences when upgrading to new versions of your solution
- Implement serial number protection in minutes
This product is usefull for every FileMaker Pro developer who creates multi-file solutions. Global variables can be used as simpler replacement for gobal fields, and also let you to prevent opening multiple copies of the same database. Preferences are helpful when your solutions are opened from a locked volume, so they are exteremely useful for CD-ROM based demos and presentations. In commercial solutions, preferences will also simplify your upgrades and serial number protection.
More Products to Consider
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Updates Java components.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Manage business database applications.
- Rapidly prototype websites and application interfaces.
- Create games for Mac, PC, or Web with a free development tool.
- Popular HTML & text editor.
- Call URLs for scripts on your site automatically.
- Compare and merge files folders.
- Affinic debugger user interface for OS X.
- Application optimization tool.
- Advanced property list & preference editor.
- Integrated desktop, client-server and business internet app dev...
- Data manipulation and cleaning tool.
- Create data classes for REALbasic.
- Create your own database-driven mobile products.
- Hexadecimal file editor handles both data & resource forks.