Ambientweet is a minimalist twitter client, and it is intended to just be left running in the background, as a way of watching your twitter stream pass by. Ambientweet shows just one tweet at a time. This is a deliberate design decision, which allows for a minimal user interface. This, in turn, means that the text can be bigger and there's no need for extraneous clutter like toolbars or buttons whilst you watch the twitter world go by. You can use Ambientweet to post, reply and re-tweet, so it's perfectly adequate for adding to your stream and responding to what you read. What it doesn't include is lots of complicated functionality for viewing profiles, following people, managing lists and accounts, and so on.
What's new in version 1.1
- Added ability to focus on the results of a search.
- Stopped auto-completion window from popping up again straight away after a completion.
- Improved tweet caching so that mentions are always kept - this stops the badge being shown again for mentions that have already been seen.
- Fixed bug where a message containing links could get truncated.
- Fixed clipping of author info when it spills onto three lines.
ReleaseMay 5, 2012
Date AddedMay 5, 2012
Operating SystemsMacintosh, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7