WyeSoft Chess is an online chess game that allows you to play against other players over the internet or locally (with both players on the same computer). You can also choose to play against bots with multiple skill level settings. WyeSoft Chess supports both live games, where you make your moves quickly, and long games, where you might only move once every few hours, days or even weeks. You do not need to keep WyeSoft Chess running for your games to continue. You only need to log in to move if you wish but, if you stay logged in, you will be able to tell when it is your move in a game or if someone has requested a new game with you.
It's got everything: long games, short games, games against other players, games against the computer, optional email and text alerts, chess variants on top of normal chess (I love upside-down chess), web interface for when you're away from home.
I can't beat Spartan :D
If you play chess then this is the app to download.
Can play against people you know or just find random people to play against. Can have several games going at the same time - can last 10 mins or a couple of months. Can play shuffle chess and a couple of other different versions of chess.
- Updated included version of The Knight's Tour to v1.01 - see Knight.txt for change log
- Changed title bar text for local games to include "Local Game" instead of "[name] vs. [name]"
- Changed "Show game" dropdown box text for local games to include "Local Game" instead of "vs. [name]"
- Fixed bug which sometimes prevented public requests made by the user from registering as their own requests
- Added Local Game feature, allowing two users to play against each other on the same computer
- Added Play Bot window, making it easier to set up games against bots
- Added separate The Knight's Tour application (also released as a standalone game available for download)
- Added option to highlight possible moves by selected piece on the Game Window
- Added support for guest logins and made this the default setting for new users
- Added option to Request Game window to prevent request from being accepted by guests
- Added WSID / guest username display to tray icon and floating indicator tooltips, and to My Games and Requests window title bar
- Replaced password encryption with hashing algorythm for improved security
- Replaced old tray menu with standard Windows tray menu, added new options and rearranged menu order
- Added buttons for new options to My Games and Requests window
- Fixed bug which caused program to crash when Scoreboard or Public Game Requests windows were minimised
- Split WyeSoft SMS credit displays into free and purchased credits
- Replaced mobile phone number field on settings window with button that directs users to the WSID settings web page
- Made first name and last name fields optional on the Create New WSID window