What is Vanilla?
Vanilla is the ultimate list program, so that you can keep track of all the CD/DVD/Tape/Record and more, media that you own. It is designed to be very flexible, as you can add any kind of media (i.e., PC Games, Movies, Xbox games etc..). Vanilla also incorporates several useful and powerful functions, which are explained below:
* Easy To Use
* Keeps Track of all of your Media (for example: CD's, DVD's, Tapes)
* The list can be Grouped to any number of columns (for example: Group by every Genre and Type)
* Sort the lists via any of the fields.
* Add/Edit/Delete items to the list.
* Vanilla features "adaptive learning" - Just type in what you to use (in the "Type", "Genre" and "Format".fields)and you can then use it from then on!
* Facility for saving "Your Favourites" - Just drag and drop (or use the menu/toolbar). Select what you are interested in, and then drag it to the favourites list. You can even save this list to a text file for future reference.
* When you add details to an item, you can paste the description of the item from "dirty text" sources (like .nfo files, or text files with a lot of non-text characters), then press the "Clean Up" button. Vanilla will automatically remove all of the junk characters!.
* Extensive Search Engine. Looking for anything in particular? simply search for it - and as a bonus, you can copy the results straight to the "My Favourites", so you can have a record if it
* Select the amount of text to show on the main list for Name and Description.
* You can perform advanced List Maintenance. Say you want to remove every occurrence of "Video CD" from your list, you can easily do that. Or do you want to rename every occurrence of "Game" to "PC Game" in your list? It's easy.
* Your list data can be exported as a XML, Text or CSV file. Alternatively, you can save in Vanilla's native compressed file format (the files are small!)
* You can attach detailed comments to each of your lists.
* Vanilla provides a large range of interesting Statistics, so you can see the breakdowns on your list.
* Comprehensive Help Screen.
* Vanilla remembers your screen settings. So the next time you start Vanilla, it will be in the place where you left it!
What do you need to know about free software?
Submit Your Reply
Thank You for Submitting a Reply, !
Note that your submission may not appear immediately on our site.