A free, multiplatform, feature-rich screenwriting program!
Trelby is simple, fast and elegantly laid out to make screenwriting simple. It is infinitely configurable.
Trelby is free software, that you can contribute to.
- - Screenplay editor: Enforces correct script format and pagination, auto-completion, and spell checking.
- - Multiplatform : Behaves identically on all platforms, generating the exact same output.
- - Choice of view: Multiple views, including draft view, WYSIWYG mode, and fullscreen to suit your writing style.
- - Name database: Character name database containing over 200,000 names from various countries.
- - Reporting: Scene/location/character/dialogue reports.
- - Compare: Ability to compare scripts, so you know what changed between versions.
- - Import: Screenplay formatted text, Final Draft XML (.fdx), Celtx (.celtx), Fountain (.fountain), Adobe Story (.astx) and Fade In Pro (.fadein).
- - Export: PDF, formatted text, HTML, RTF, Final Draft XML (.fdx) and Fountain (.fountain).
- - PDF: Built-in, highly configurable PDF generator. Supports embedding your chosen font. Also supports generating PDFs with custom watermarks, to help track shared files.
- - Free software: Licensed under the GPL, Trelby welcomes developers and screenwriters to contribute in making it more useful.