Standard navigation apps are designed to find the most direct route from point A to point B. Track Navigator is a different kind of navigation app that is designed to help you follow a pre-determined route (track) created for another purpose, such as exercise or sight-seeing. Common types of tracks include hiking trails, cycling tours, or motorcycle rides. With Track Navigator, you can:
- Find nearby tracks or import your own
- Examine the track on a map or as a list of waypoints
- Use GPS to chart your progress following the track
- Automatically determine the next waypoint on the track
- Receive voice prompts as you approach waypoints on the track
Track Navigator supports importing tracks directly from http://www.ridewithgps.com. Find nearby tracks or create your own and import them directly into Track Navigator. Tracks created using ridewithgps.com can be configured with waypoints that will provide turn-by-turn directions. Receive directions using voice prompts or view them in cue sheet format.
You can also create tracks using any other application, save them to your external storage, and import them directly into Track Navigator. Track Navigator supports importing files in GPX and TCX formats.
Other features of Track Navigator include:
- Support for metric and imperial distance units
- Highlight portions of the track that have been covered
- Voice notifications when going off track
- Display covered and remaining track distance in real-time
- Option to view satellite map
- Load individual waypoints into Google Maps for direct navigation
Many more features on the way. Stay on track with Track Navigator.