The free LIstory app gives visitors the chance to discover on foot the history and highlights of the Principality of Liechtenstein as part of a fascinating walking adventure through the country.
Pull on your hiking boots and get ready to learn about the Principality of Liechtenstein with your own private pocket guide the LIstory app! You will be surprised by just how much there is to discover as you get unique insights into the countrys history, culture and landscape along the Liechtenstein Trail with its spectacular views.
- Discover 147 points of interest with multimedia elements (audio clips, images, videos) as you walk the Liechtenstein Trail
- Embark on a fascinating journey back in time through Liechtensteins history with ten eye-catching augmented reality experiences including a 3D map of Liechtenstein and a visualised Liechtenstein Trail as well as an exclusive look inside Vaduz Castle
- Let the app guide you along the Liechtenstein Trail, with GPS data providing information at all times on your current location and the distance to the next point of interest
- Plan your hike using 12 recommended routes each including a map and elevation profile as well as information on walking time, places to stay the night, etc.
- Collect badges confirming the municipalities you have passed through, sections of the trail you have hiked and points of interest you have visited and compete with your friends to see who has the most
- Use the Favorites function to remember points of interest you have enjoyed and find out more about them when you get home
- Certain sections of the Liechtenstein Trail are suitable for persons with limited mobility
The developer of this app assumes no liability for any inaccuracies contained in the maps. Please be aware that having the GPS function activated for an extended period of time can severely reduce the battery life of your mobile phone. To start the augmented reality experiences, the free app ARcore (about 85 MB) by Google is necessary. We therefore recommend downloading ARcore before using the LIstory app.