Jep is a Java library for parsing and evaluating mathematical expressions. With this package you can allow your users to enter an arbitrary formula as a string, and instantly evaluate it. Jep supports user defined variables, constants, and functions. A number of common mathematical functions and constants are included.
* Small size (only 270KB as jar archive);
* Fast evaluation;
* High precision using BigDecimals;
* Includes common math functions and operators;
* Supports Boolean expressions;
* Extendable and configurable architecture;
* Support for strings, vectors and complex numbers;
* Support for implicit multiplication;
* Allows declared or undeclared variables;
* Java 1.5 compatible;
* Supports Unicode characters;
* Extensive documentation;
* Includes JavaCC grammar from which the main classes are generated.