As English originates from multi-syllabic words, Chinese originates from mono-syllabic ideograms or characters. Reading and recognizing ideograms is the key to learning Chinese. Hone your Chinese reading, Mandarin and Cantonese recognition skills with this simple card pairing game.
- Almost 10K of most common modern ideograms, covering characters encountered in over 99.999% of cases.
- Multiple speakers for Mandarin (Taiwan and Mainland China) and Cantonese (Hong Kong), who pronounce characters as you match them.
- Smart random generator, so that the most common ideograms are presented first.
- Expansive in-game dictionary that lists definitions, use cases, variants (simplified and traditional), and other similar sounding characters.
Choose from three different players modes:
- [Solo] Practice against yourself
- [Player vs. AI] Train against AI
- [Player vs. Player] Compete against friends through Game Center
Select from three different types of matching. These include:
- Identical matching (which requires you to match characters that look exactly the same).
- Variant matching (which requires you to match different forms of the same character).
- Mandarin & Cantonese matching (which requires you to match characters that sound the same).
The base version provides 50+ additional card decks. These include:
- HK Grade Level 1-6 decks (6)
- Stroke count-based decks (5)
- Radical-based decks (40+)
Chinese is a difficult language for beginners. t is also a very expansive language, encompassing many regions and dialects. Playing Ideogram provides an easy and fun way for students of all skill levels to learn and improve their Chinese anytime.