The Hybrid Drum Rudiments app was developed for percussionists who are comfortable with the 40 standard rudiments and are interested in developing upon their marching performance skill set. This app currently provides sheet music , audio, and video for 30 of the hybrid drum rudiments in a clean, consistent format. Additional hybrid rudiments will be added in the future. The opening screen (Main Menu) displays a vertical scrolling list of 30 of the hybrid rudiments. Tapping of any rudiment opens a screen with sheet music notation of the rudiment, an audio button, and a video window to aid the percussionist in mastering the rudiment. The Main Menu also includes a button to exit to the phones app list screen and a button to view the users list of favorite rudiments from the app.
The Hybrid Rudiments app features:
- A vertical scrolling selection of 30 of the hybrid drum rudiments in alphabetical order.
- CLICK TRACKS ranging from 60-160 beats per minute (bpm) in increments of 10 bpm. Users can use these click tracks while practicing any exercise to ensure they are not rushing or dragging at a certain tempo. Click tracks continuously loop after 16 measures until paused.
- LOOPING AUDIO so no need to continuously press play to hear. Simply press Pause when through listening. Press Play Audio to listen to the hybrid rudiment being played again.
- VIDEO for each of the rudiments including an adjustable progress slider bar, rewind, fast forward, play, and pause. Tap the video window to display controls. No need for internet connection to view the videos.
- Main menu button color change when clicked so that the user can identify which rudiments have been viewed each session.
- FAVORITES LIST that can be modified on the same screen. Each hybrid rudiment screen includes an add to favorite button that instantly adds the name of the rudiment to the favorites list.
- Drop down list of hybrid rudiments on the Favorites screen. Tapping any of the hybrid rudiments in the drop down list enables the user to view the hybrid rudiment directly from the Favorites screen without returning to the Main Menu. Accessing the rudiment from the Favorites screen will not cause the rudiments button on the Main Menu to change color however. Accessing rudiments from the Main Menu is the only way to cause the Main Menu buttons to change color and indicate a previously viewed rudiment.
We welcome user feedback to ensure we are providing apps that best help you develop your skills.
Tablet version is in production.