Head Tracker uses iPhones front-facing TrueDepth camera to provide responsive and accurate 6DOF (degree of freedom) head tracking input to opentrack. Allowing users to enjoy flight and driving simulation games without expensive hardware or wearing uncomfortable headsets.
Supported Devices (iPhone X and newer)
This app requires device with TrueDepth camera or Devices with A12 or later processors: iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE(2nd Gen), iPad Pro (2nd Gen) are supported.
- 6 DOF
- Connects over wifi network, no need for cables
- No need to wear any uncomfortable head tracking headsets
- Accurate and responsive (up to 60fps)
- simple to setup
opentrack supported games includes:
- Microsoft Flight Simulator
- DCS World
- Star Citizen
- Elite: Dangerous
- Euro Truck
- and more.
"Installation took a couple of minutes on the PC and after the latest update is now smooth as butter. Looking forward to more improvements! Works perfectly on Euro Truck and other racing sims I play like Assetto Corsa etc"
"I sold my TrackIR headset some years ago and missed it now in the new Flight Simulator - and guess what: this is combined with opentrack the ideal replacement. It just works and is easy to set up. Fair pricing. 5 stars. Thank you, John."
How to use:
- Open Head Tracker app on your iPhone, set your PC's IP address, then start
- Launch opentrack application on your PC, select "Network over UDP" and the "freetrack 2.0" protocol, and press start
- Start your favourite simulator game, it will now follow you head movements in the virtual cockpit.
Visit https://jbcconsulting448679429.wordpress.com/head-tracking-quick-start/ for detailed instructions and download opentrack preset profile.
Versions (Free and in-app purchase)
Try out the free version. The free version allows you to play for 10 minutes per session, you can restart to extend the trial.
Upgrade to the full version via in-app purchase to remove trial limit and automatic screen dimming to reduce battery usage.
More Information and Support
Visit https://jbcconsulting448679429.wordpress.com for more tips, network setup and troubleshooting instruction on configuring head tracking, and contact me for support.