EDI Notepad Professional provides the features you've always wanted when viewing, validating, and editing your EDI transactions. Here are the reasons thousands of EDI professionals list EDI Notepad as their favorite editing tool:
1. Build EDI Quickly: The process of building EDI from scratch in EDI Notepad consists of a series of nested insertions. Create an envelope, then insert a group into the envelope (if applicable), then insert one or more transactions into the group, and, finally, insert segments and elements into the new transactions. At each new insertion, EDI Notepad will prompt you for the data that is necessary to create compliant EDI.
2. Edit EDI Easily: Insert new segments or elements into an EDI document, delete segments or elements, or edit the values carried by elements. Plus, do all this while ensuring that you don't introduce invalid EDI.
3. Validate Syntax: A missing element or out-of-place character can cause an entire EDI transaction to be rejected. In EDI Notepad, the offending error is immediately identified with a visual highlight and a detailed error report. Once the error is found, it's easily corrected using EDI Notepad's edit tools. Using the syntax set forth by the EDI standard and version, EDI Notepad validates for: -Mandatory segments and elements -Conditional segments and elements -Out-of-order segments -Maximum segment repeat/loop counts -Discrepant trailer counts -Discrepancies between header/trailer controls -Min/max character widths for elements -Invalid data formats -Invalid codes (optional)
4. Export Interchanges: If you'd like to isolate a single interchange (i.e. envelope) from a batch of interchanges, you can export it to a new file. EDI Notepad exports the envelope, its associated groups, and its groups' associated transactions.
5. Generate Acknowledgments: EDI Notepad can generate and send compliant functional acknowledgments for any EDI envelope opened in its interface. Because of this capability, companies who only need to generate acknowledgments in response to their trading partner's arriving EDI documents can use EDI Notepad as their sole EDI solution.
What's new in version 8.1
Single and multi-user licenses
ReleaseOctober 22, 2014
Date AddedOctober 22, 2014
Operating SystemsWindows 2003, Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows XP