Data Desk 7 is a refreshed, updated and optimized for the Macintosh OS Lions (10.7, 10.8), Mavericks (10.9) and Windows 7 and 8. It runs significantly faster. It even opens faster. One major improvement is that Data Desk is no longer limited to 32,000 cases when working with categorical variables. Frequency and Contingency tables can now have any number of rows. And operations on categories are now much faster, as is the Lookup derived variable function.
- DD7 It offers an interface that is easier to learn for beginners. But you won't have to learn new commands or methods-the traditional methods work as they always have.
- DD7 is crafted to work more comfortably on large screens and to take advantage of faster processors.
- Advanced Preference feature is the option to preserve a full record of your results-even if you modify a plot or table in place. That makes your Results folder a "lab notebook" with a time-stamped history of your analysis process.
- DD7 will read and open your current Data Desk files-including all your saved results.
- New Preferences give you a choice of desktop colors, plot/graph background and a choice of interface sizes.
- New Drag and Drop interface.
- DD7 deals quickly and smoothly with millions of cases.
- New Parallel Coordinates Plots.
- Identify a point on a plot with the query tool and Special>Web Search Query (or press command-shift-?) and DD7 will search the Internet for the identifying text you just displayed.
What's new in version 7.0
ReleaseJuly 26, 2014
Date AddedJuly 26, 2014
Operating SystemsMacintosh, Mac OS X 10.9, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.8, Mac OS X 10.7