CNET Editors' note: Use PUBLISHER_URL; developer insists.
kJams is a karaoke jukebox for Mac and Windows. The project is currently in development, so new features will be added beyond what you see below. In the Lite version, you can now rip (import), mix (make playlists) and play (from CD or from your hard drive), plug in a microphone and sing along, sort or search your library by name, artist or album, create custom playlists, show the graphics full screen on a second monitor or TV, change the pitch and tempo independently. Export the currently showing play list to an XML file (for integration with a web or database application), or copy the list to the clipboard (to paste into eg: Excel for printing song books). Export to your Video iPod too. The Pro version also allows individual singers to manage their favorites, history and their "tonight" que, and builds the Rotation smart playlist from the singers marked as "here", and lets you manage multiple Venues, each with it's own set of Singers. There is a server so singers can use a web browser or iPhone app to submit songs, there is also remote control and scripting. Note: You must have a CD+G capable reader or writer for kJams to rip or burn.
What's new in this version:
- new meta data columns: language, Color labels, key changes, BPM Web Server
- launch files and launch midi with separate program
- alt-tab to move focus down (shift-alt-tab for up) when you're editing say "song name" in a list of songs, the tab key would move you horizontally. now alt-tab moves you vertically (shift for reverse)
- support for NEO+G discs
- you can now TRIM the start and end of songs
- you can set the Volume of songs, and i... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Professional karaoke using CD+G, LRC or KAR.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Music creation and audio production.
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Karaoke, DJ, VJ & Scratch, for hours of fun.
- MIDI and karaoke player.
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Digital video editing system.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Edit music, voice, and other audio recordings.
- Music notation with MIDI input & part extraction.
- Scheduling component for Radiologik DJ.
- Automated radio DJ assistant.
- Professional karaoke software designed for KJ to karaoke enthus...
- Create cool karaoke videos.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Create multilayer audio loops with adjustments and effects.
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Mix the music.
All versions:4.9 stars
out of 16 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"It makes owning a Mac absolutely complete!!!!!!!"
Version: kJams Lite 1.0a1
There is nothing that this software does not provide. It is hands-down the best kj software I have ever come across.
The only con is that more people don't know about it.
This is my first review on Cnet because this is the best piece of software that I own and it's my honor to spread the word about it. I am a Mac person but had to use a PC for my karaoke software. That was until I came across this little gem. David even instructed me on how to add karaoke tracks that I couldn't load in my PC setup. Both the software and the creator--simply amazing! Give it a try and see for yourself.
"Kjams:you either love it or have never used it"
Version: kJams Lite 1.0a1
#1. Web server = Wifi songbook and signup.
~ no sticky outdated songbooks
~ no hunting for songs on barely legible song slips
~ auto singer rotation mgmt
#2. Easy interface. Like iTunes easy, back when we liked iTunes.
#3. CHEAP. Worth twice what it sells for, easy.
#4. Amazing customer service from the creator, who chats with you personally about fixing issues. ***? yes....
Makes you pissed off when using other inferior software.
" My firefox needs what? *** is a codec? screw this..."
I run San Diego's only wifi songbook/signup, with custom showscreens, messenger scrolls, all in an easy iTunes like interface. For $99. BEST DEAL EVER!!!! You have to be an IDIOT to use any other program...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: