From j2 Global Communications:
- Pick your own local fax and voicemail number in over 1,300 cities around the world.
- Send faxes from your favorite desktop applications via email or a Web browser in over 45 formats.
- Receive faxes as email attachments.
- Conduct easy, convenient and inexpensive conference calling .
- Listen to voicemail by calling a toll-free number, and have email messages and fax headers read to you from any phone.
- Reply to email with voicemail attachments.
- Compose, read, sign and send faxes, listen to voicemail messages, and organize both using j2 Messenger.
What's new in this version: j2 Messenger supports Mac OS X version 10.1 or newer! Send faxes from your desktop, or fax directly from the Apple Print Dialog window in most applications. Integrate your Address Book to access recently used fax numbers quickly. View and print received faxes as well.
More Products to Consider
- Make and receive phone calls and hold cross-platform webcam cha...
- Hear, see, and chat with many people at a time.
- Send free messages and make free calls to other Viber users, on...
- Video chat/calling tool; see up to 6 friends at once.
- Exchange online messages that appear as soon as they're sent.
- Use your webcam with multiple apps & add cool graphics & effect...
- View Outlook .msg email and contact files on Mac.
- Google, Skype, Yahoo, MSN, AIM, Jabber, Facebook, SMS, Fax, and...
- Copy to, move to, or open a recently used mailbox.
- Export to Facebook directly from iPhoto.
- Access your Infusionsoft data from Apple Mail.
- Organize your personal note and write up the ideas.
- Add DSP effects to any Mac application with audio content.
- Add functionality for Apple Mail signatures.
- Publishes podcasts & creates enhanced podcasts.
- Auto record Skype phone and video calls.
- Intelligently reminds to you include e-mail attachments if you ...
- Discovers the dynamic IP address assigned by your ISP.
- Generate short links for Twitter by dragging media to your menu...
- Instant messaging tool.
- Manage OpenPGP keys.
- Send faxes via the Internet from the print dialog box w/o a fax...
- Powerful alternative email client.
- Localized version.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Waste of Time"
Version: j2 Messenger 3.1.10
It was easy to download although it didn't work.
Could not send any faxes. Online chat was a joke and customer service was rude.
I wanted to use this service to fax documents from my laptop to my office or vendors that I conduct business with when I am not in the office. I tried to send 7 different faxes and the messages I received were either the fax "did not go through because the number was busy" or the fax "did not go through because someone answered the call".
I tried to send a fax to my office and received the message "did not go through because someone answered the call". I found that to be hysterical since my office fax is a professional multifunction Ricoh which does not have a receiver to be picked up and it was midnight, so there was no one in the office.
When I contacted customer service by email they advised me to download the software instead of faxing from the site. Well, everytime I tried to send a fax the software crashed. When I contacted them again they told me to try faxing from the website (cause that worked so well the first 7 times I tried). Needless to say I was not doing that again and requested my account to be canceled. The representative told me I could not receive a refund because my account was active and had I called to inform them it was not working they could give me a refund (HELLO!!!! what have I been on the phone with you doing??? I have only had this for 3 days and I emailed on day 1 when it wasn't working and called on days 2 & 3!!!)
Wish I could give this 0 stars because the entire experience was terrible. So needless to say, I have canceled this service, fought for my refund, and I guess I'm still looking for "fax on the go". I guess I'll look for an iPad or iPhone app.
Version: j2 Messenger 3.1.10
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com.
Unless you sign up for the $$$$ you cant use it to send or recive FAXs and many other features.