iSSH is a front-end application to the command line application 'ssh'. It provides a quick and easy way to start an SSH connection to a remote computer. You may be asking, What's the point of running SSH without an interactive command prompt (Terminal)? Well, running SSH in the background will not supply a prompt, but, it will forward ports. This is the main purpose of iSSH. You can set two options with iSSH; which ports to forward to the remote computer, or, to start an SSH SOCKS proxy. The first could be used to forward a VNC connection over SSH and the latter could be used to bypass your work's Web site filters. Either way, iSSH offers a simple way to start a SSH connection for those who don't know how to use the Terminal or just don't need it.
What's new in this version: Support has been added for the Sparkle software update framework version 1.5b6. This means all new updates to iSSH are downloaded and installed securely. Also, the release notes look nicer!
More Products to Consider
- Serve media to PlayStation 3's or other UPnP devices.
- Auto connect to Wi-Fi hotspots which need username & password.
- Remote control any Mac over the internet within seconds.
- IPsec VPN client (login required).
- 802.11 WiFi wireless scanner and connection manager.
- Get instant secure access to your computer and its programs and...
- Interface to control many features of iTunes from the terminal.
- Wireless sniffer & scanner that uses monitor mode and passive s...
- Enable remote ODBC access from more than 20 platforms.
- Arrange multiple computers into one secure network.
- Get a file compression and archive tool.
- Secure shell client & server configurer.
- Connect to remote Windows desktops.
- Monitors status of Apple File Sharing AFP and Remote Login SSH.
- Give UNIX and DOS command-line application ports GUI attributes...
- Cocoa front-end for SSH, SFTP and SCP.
- Make configuring your Apache Web Server, DNS, and FTP simpler.
- Create DMG files automatically from makefile or Xcode.
- Find and map 802.11b/g/n wireless networks.
- Split any MP3 file into multiple parts.
- Display machines, Mac users, IPs on the local network.
- Open an interactive book with a colorful cartoon background.
- Network administration and security testing utility.
- Get the HP LaserJet 4050 USB printer driver for Mac OS 9.