CNET Editors' note: You will be taken to a third-party site to complete your download. Using P2P and file-sharing software to distribute copyrighted material without authorization is illegal in the United States and many other countries. CBS Interactive does not encourage or condone the illegal duplication or distribution of copyrighted content.
From Nakahara Informatics:
iGet is an inventive file transfer tool designed specifically for the Mac. It allows you to log into your account on any remote Mac and browse, find, and get the files you need. As easy to use as the best FTP clients, iGet is much more Mac-oriented: you can stop and resume file and folder transfers, and you see the real Mac icons and Finder labels for all your files as you browse. iGet can even put files into the Trash remotely.
With Spotlight searches that execute on the remote Mac, you can find anything quickly. Always-on strong SSH encryption keeps your data secure, and you never have to think about details like HFS metadata, resource forks, or unusual characters in your file names. With iGet, it just works. It's designed to work well over virtually any kind of network connection, not just a fast LAN. This makes iGet a great tool for accessing your Macs over the Internet. And with it's innovative "zero-setup" design, you don't have to install any special software (not even iGet) on the remote Mac before connecting.
All this power is wrapped up in a smooth interface that is simple to use and supports all the great technologies that Mac users expect, including Automator, AppleScript, Bonjour, Spotlight, and the Keychain.
- Fully supports Mac file features (resource forks, type/creator, HFS metadata, Finder flags, file packages, etc.)
- Resumable file and folder transfers
- Remote Spotlight searching!
- Displays true Mac icons for remote files
- No server software required - just iGet on your own Mac
- 60 second learning curve
- always on strong SSH encryption (now supports public key auth)
- Bonjour, Automator, AppleScript and Keychain support
- Optimized for excellent performance over real-world Internet connections, such as DSL, cable, and even dialup
What's new in this version:
- Corrected an issue where iGet could become confused about the state of the local network, and become unable to connect to other Macs via the "Local Network" browser. If this occurred, the New Connection window would remain stuck displaying the message "Resolving Bonjour address" until the connection was cancelled.
- Fixed a bug that could cause iGet to list multiple entries for the same Mac in its local network browser. Fixed a bug that would cause the Recent Connections list to m... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Download, convert and play videos from streaming sites.
- Download-manager that makes downloading as easy and automated a...
- The Fast and Free Way to Download and Manage YouTube Videos.
- Download HD video from YouTube, Vevo, DailyMotion, save as MP3,...
- Open-source FTP client.
- A (very) tiny BitTorrent client.
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purposeSponsored Products
- Powerful, full featured download manager and accelerator.
- Download YouTube videos on Mac with Airy.
- Official BitTorrent client for OS X.Sponsored Products
- Find, download and discover torrents quickly and easily.Sponsored Products
- Play, stream, and share files on P2P, the cloud and your local ...Sponsored Products
- FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Cloud Files and Amazon S3 browser.
- Download and convert online videos into regular video formats.
- Simple, tweakable, and Mac-like BitTorrent client.Sponsored Products
- Fast encrypted proxy to unblock all websites and hide your IP.
- Download and process videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, M...
- PC & Mac file sharing system, only needs Mac client installed.Sponsored Products
- Download YouTube videos with a click of a button.
- Control removable drives w/ menu or keystrokes.
- Audio format converter that rips soundtracks from videos and cr...
- Search and download media-torrents with a simple interface and ...Sponsored Products
- Store unlimited Cocoa/Objective-C snippets.
- Transfer Mac files preserving Mac-specific file attributes.
- Download YouTube, Hulu, UStream, CBS, MTV, HBO, and any Web vid...