CNET Editors' review
iBackupBot for Mac enables you to explore local backups of iOS devices and retrieve a specific file or setting without having to do a full system restore. This premium app also has built-in text and contact editors that give you even more control over the backup. While the app's main features work as expected, the interface will leave you wanting more.
Following a quick installation, you are greeted by iBackupBot for Mac's main UI, which is nothing fancy. In terms of layout, the app can be a bit overwhelming at times, but it has an excuse: the target audience is power users. The app is fast, requiring less than ten seconds to detect and load an iOS backup, but you can experience additional loading times for every new tab and section you open. iBackupBot's editors work well, allowing you to edit and save PLIST files, notes, and contacts with no issues and delays. The app also gets a thumbs-up for the partial restore functionality, which allowed us to delete a photo on our iPad and restore it without wiping the whole device by going through iTunes.
If you're still using local backups for your iOS devices, iBackupBot for Mac lets you explore them and extract the exact piece of information you're after. While the interface isn't as developed and polished as it could have been, the nice features of the app redeem it. Still, if you've cut the cord and back up only via iCloud, iBackupBot for Mac will have little to offer you.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of iBackupBot for Mac 188.8.131.52.
iBackupBot for Mac is the ultimate solution to any obstacle you face when it comes to browsing, editing and transferring any files backed up to your iTunes library. With iBackupBot, you can retain your files and settings when transferring files between computers and mobile devices such as the iPhone, the iPod Touch and the iPad. iBackupBot builds upon the success of our iCopyBot software by allowing users to customize their settings, data transfers and even their call histories. Not only are you now able to share files easily with friends and family, you'll also be able to decide what you want to keep by export to computer. iBackupBot comes with a built-in contacts editor, notes editor and even a plist editor for maximum customization capabilities. You can remove a single call string from your phone's history, you can edit your game data, or you can ensure all your data and settings are preserved if you ever need to retrieve them.
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Data recovery software.
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- FileHopper file sharing & backup is the easiest way to store an...
- Perform maintenance and other tasks on your Mac.
- Manually switch between Intel and NVIDIA GPUs on Core i5/i7 Mac...
- Run Windows on Intel Macs.
- Simple-to-use backup/restore utility.
- Keeps all your files safe and secure in the cloud with Box's de...
- Back up your data to online server and access it anywhere from ...
- Backup, clone, and restore your information.
- Delete files from your computer in a secure fashion.
- Place an alarm clock on your desktop and use your audio files a...
- Automatically back up your computer to Pogoplug or use it as a ...
- Delete file forks, swap data fork, delete files and folders now...
- Cloud-based file storage.
- Organize your files for you and securely upload them to the clo...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content