CNET Editors' review
DualAlign's I2K Quickage Pro provides the tools for stitching together several similar pictures to create a photomontage. This surprising program performed its tasks with excellent results.
The program's interface has a professional layout that is simple to operate, since it only offers the most minimal options throughout. We did need the Help file to understand our panorama options, however. We easily sorted through our collection of photos and selected a few that were very similar, with both images focused on the same subject but taken from slightly different perspectives. The program was slow to stitch together even two pictures, but after several minutes the two images fused to create a complete shot. While the final shot needed some cropping, since the two originals weren't perfect puzzle pieces, the result showed surprisingly high quality. We envisioned this working well for creating panoramic landscape shots. The program offered a nice feature to adjust the quality of the montage and to choose which panoramic filter to use, though we felt the default setting was best, as it takes a certain level of photographic knowledge to determine the best settings. While we didn't expect much, I2K Quickage Pro did a nice job of stitching together images to make a single, seamless shot.
I2k Quickage Pro is limited to a five-day, 25-use trial period. By fusing two similar pictures into one, this is a great program and one we recommend.
i2k Quickage automatically creates high quality panoramas and montages from any set of digital images. Featuring our proprietary i2k image registration & recognition technology, i2k Quickage can quickly and easily stitch together photos that were taken by hand without the use of a tripod. The software also removes color differences between pictures; supports HDR stitching; corrects for lens-induced distortions; and automatically crops images. i2k Quickage is so reliable and robust that it works as well with mobile phone cameras as it does with high end digital SLRs. In fact, the resulting panoramas and montages appear to be non-stitched images taken in one shot.
What's new in this version: Version 2.1.6 includes the following improvements:
- - Fixed a crash issue during loading small resolution images.
- Improved pairwise alignment decision for small resolution images.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Download, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Edit JPEG photos without losing quality.
- Group and batch rename photo and video files.
- Batch image red-eye correction.
- Right-click an image file you want to preview and you'll see a ...
- View your photos in slideshow with random effects.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"Simple to use, works great."
Version: i2k Quickage Pro 1.3.6
Slow, but works well. Better than my manual stitch. watermark. Easy to use: steer to the picture folder, select, click on "Generate Montage". Accepts JPG and TIF images and can save in those formats.
Pricey, but worth it if you need flawless photo stitching.
Output from my test photos was perfect. I could not tell where the images were connected, despite a slight mis-alignment of the scans and uneven lighting. My test images were a scan of an antique, B&W panoramic photo, 8" x 44", scanned in as six TIF images at about 78M each. Output photo was 386 megabytes.
Version: i2k Quickage Pro 1.2.1
I gave it 5 film frames of a mountain overlook. The result was so wonderful, I couldn't wait to share it with the world. The company told me I could have obtained the same result with 3 frames.
MS continually stopped at approx. 27% upload. Had to contact DualAlign. All views were stuck in its server. The gentleman who helped me was so gracious and patient. I don't know if we ever discovered the problem, but I did get my finished product.
For someone who has a long way to go before calling herself competent with any software, I was extremely pleased with the result. Because the panoramic came in a compressed 4x6 image, which I forwarded electronically to Walgreens, I was charged only for a 4x6, not a 4x12. Excellent software and ease of use.
"Great fully automatic panorama software"
Version: i2k Quickage Pro 1.2.1
Just select the images to assemble and click the "generate montage" button to get a fantastic panorama. Does not require any pre alignment of images. Automatically corrects for changes in camera position between shots, no need for a "pano-head"
Panorama generation is not instantanious, but is far faster than software that requires you to arrange the images first.
This software does an amazing job of automatically generating montages or panoramas. Gone are the days when a good panorama required a superb camera mounted on a "pano-head" so it would rotate about the lens nodal (or no-parallax) point. If you have such a setup, use it with this software to easily produce as good or better a panorama as anything else out there. But even with a hand held camera, you can get great panoramas with minimal effort. The software will automatically correct for parallax and differences in exposure between shots to give a seamless image. I had a set of 17 images taken of my living room which it assembled flawlessly. I tried to "break" it by giving it a set of 3 images where the third image was taken from the center of the area seen in the first image, and it did a remarkably good job of assembling them. Overall an amazing piece of software, highly recommended for anyone who take pictures.
"Easy to use and excellent panorama"
Version: i2k Quickage Pro 1.2.1
- Easy to use: Just pick images and click the "generate" button.
- Auto-cropping is useful. It saves me time from loading the panorama into an image editor and applying the cropping by myself.
- Nice and pretty panorama! Haven't run into any pro.
I have not yet found real cons of this software. If one must be named, the software is a bit slow during processing.
In general, I like this software. It does exactly what I want to do --- generation of panorama without manual intervention.