CNET Editors' review
Although Windows comes with a built-in screen capture utility, it's pretty bare bones; there are a lot of useful things that it can't do. Numerous software developers have stepped up to fill the gap, and among the many offerings is Capturino. It's not the most elegant screen capture program we've seen, but it's not a bad choice if you want a few more options than the Windows utility provides.
The free version of Capturino opens with a nag screen that lists all of the features that are only available in the paid edition, including automatic image uploads and hosting, the ability to create e-mails with screen captures as attachments, and the ability to save images in four different formats. We closed the nag screen and proceeded to the program's actual interface, which resembles a toolbar. There are buttons that let users capture the entire screen, a selected part of the screen, or the active window. The program also has some more unusual tools, such as the ability to refresh the capture of a previously selected area or take new captures of the same area periodically. Capturino was originally created in French, and this fact is obvious from both the text within the interface and the program's sparse Help file; both are difficult to understand at times. Overall, Capturino works well enough, but there are definitely tools out there that are easier to use and that pack more features into a totally free package.
Capturino installs a desktop icon without asking and leaves a folder behind upon removal.
From Jean-Paul Bellenger:
Capturino is a simple "screen capture" Software. You can capture a full screen, a window or a selected area with the mouse. Its highly intuitive interface and available thumbnails of all the catches made during the session are a few of the many benefits of this program. You can also do screen captures at regular intervals. With cheap extension, this version also incorporates the dual screen mode, sending email with attached captures, direct editing of catch with your favorite editor and upload to the "ZimageZ" server. And with version 2.3: the "factory of animated Gifs". Since 2006, capturino was available in french only; the new version is bilingual english and french depending on your choice.
What's new in this version: New features: "animated Gif factory" and faster auto capture process (up to 12 pictures per second)
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Secretly capture screenshots and record keystrokes with this pr...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Capture the whole Web page to JPEG.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Capture or copy a Web page or its part.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Capture and edit screenshot images.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Upload, manage, and share your images and screenshots with one ...
- Capture window, region and scrolling page with a simple way and...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Monitor a remote computer invisibly by streaming screenshots to...
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Capture images and record videos from your desktop screen.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Capture screenshots and save them to a separate file at specifi...
- Capture your screen in various ways.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: capturino 2.3
The application does what it says, captures the images. Has quite a few options to do so. A nice step up from the vanilla version of Windows 7 Snipping Tool.
1. Selective screenshots by area or by screen
2. Preview and post view of captured area
There are several reasons why this tool will not be a replacement for Snipping Tool.
1. It only allows access to one window by default. In these days of dual screens, this is deplorable.
2. The homepage after launching the tool looks like spyware
3. This is for CNET, shame on you for trying to slip additional software in during the install.
4. The GUI needs work. It is small, and only Semi-User Friendly.
5. Lacks intuitiveness.
More work needs to be done for this tool to be used by myself. Not a bad attempt, but needs more GUI work and presentation work.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content