From People CD:
ZAC Browser is the first Web browser developed specifically for children with autism, and autism spectrum disorders such as Asperger syndrome, pervasive developmental disorders (PDD), and PDD-NOS. Zac Browser is for children - for their enjoyment, enrichment, and freedom. Children touch it, use it, play it, interact with it, and experience independence. This version is the first release on CNET Download.com.
What's new in this version: This version is the first release on CNET Download.com.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Manage all aspects of a high school student administrative syst...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Convert Kindle Mobi, AZW, PRC books to ePUB format to read Kind...
- Encrypt cookies and add httpOnly cookie support to Firefox.
- Display Quran in Uthmani script with many options and settings ...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Generate information about objects.
- Calculate body mass index for women.
- Read the latest headlines from one of India's top online news s...
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Calculate your BMI using a chart.
- Browse the Internet.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"FABULOUS for children with or without special needs!"
Version: Zac Browser 1.1.7
ZAC Browser taught my daughter with autism how to navigate the internet (without really navigating). I could let her sit at the computer without worrying about her clicking into something she shouldn't be. I just love it!
Quitting the program seems a little tricky for kids, and some of the links to some games are broken (just a few).
I absolutely love this program. My daughter gets a little "click happy" and due to the way ZAC Browser is designed she can't do that. She is able to choose what games she wants to play based on category, and the graphics and nagivation are very simple. I would definitely recommend for a child with autism OR for a child that is just beginning to navigate her way through a computer.