CNET Editors' review
This free program provides a number of helpful tools for working with digital photos. XnView's pane interface shouldn't disorient most users, as it uses a tree-like structure to let you view your shots and browse your music collection.
Our lone complaint on this front is that the more complex effects and filters aren't accessible via the main window and require you to double-click a shot before you can use them. Besides standard tools for rotating images and renaming files in bulk, this app also can convert pics among a wide variety of formats.
In addition, you'll find tools for capturing screenshots and creating basic slide shows, as well as a simple audio player. We were excited to see a utility for generating Web galleries, but we quickly despaired when we couldn't get it to work. Still, we recommend XnView to digital photographers who already have a first-class editing program.
XnView is a fast multi-format graphics browser, viewer, and converter. It can read more than 400 file formats, e.g. GIF, BMP, JPEG, PNG, TARGA, multipage TIFF, camera RAW, JPEG 2000, MPEG, AVI, QuickTime. EXIF and IPTC metadata are also supported. The image viewer has an Explorer-like browser that allows quick and simple browsing of directory contents. XnView supports red eye correction, crops and transforms JPEG images lossless, generates HTML pages and contact sheets, and provides batch conversion and batch renaming. Slide shows with transitions effects, screen capturing, WIA and TWAIN support (scanner and digital cameras), image comparison, and file operations.
More Products to Consider
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Manage, edit, and share your photos.
- Speed up design work with screen capture tools.
- Add frames to your digital photos for your projects in a simple...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Copy the structure of a directory.
- Create Flash slide shows with photos and music.
- Restore old and damaged photos from your family archive by remo...
- Read, save, or remove all information in your Internet Explorer...
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Organize, annotate, and share your digital photos.
- Display list of all favorites and bookmarks of your browser.
- Make people in your photos look nice.
- Copy and paste the memory address of a desired exported functio...
- Browse and edit various graphical images.
- Let your photo editing ambitions soar on the big screen.
All versions:4.3 stars
out of 379 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"The BEST photo viewer of them all"
Version: XnView 2.0
It works, it is very convivial and I have had no problems of any kind (and I have been using it for many years). I use it to view all images (mostly photos), to resize them, to copy a smaller part and paste into Photoshop, and to create slide shows. All these functions seem to be easier with XnView than with other software.
None that I have found.