CNET Editors' review
Winmail Opener could be useful for anyone who sends or receives e-mail in one of the older versions of Microsoft Outlook such as 97 or 2000 (winmail.dat). This utility allows users to view and extract the contents from messages from these sources. The rich-text message contents and attachments from these Outlook applications are not supported by several e-mail clients that are used today and Winmail Opener is a freeware solution to this problem.
Winmail has a traditional Windows look and feel to it with drop-down menus. It also has full Windows drag-and-drop capabilities so it is easy to move text and attachments from an e-mail to a document or other location. Text is displayed in a center window with a scroll bar with attachments in a sidebar window. This freeware application supports users in 13 languages and is small in size, so it uses little memory or disk space.
This application downloads quickly, and runs stably without affecting PC performance. Winmail Opener works well and costs nothing, and can help solve a big compatibility problem.
Winmail Opener is a small and simple utility that allows you to view and extract contents of TNEF-encoded messages (infamous winmail.dat). Winmail Opener can decode and show RTF message text and all embedded attachments, has full drag-and-drop support and supports command line mode for batch decoding.
More Products to Consider
- Extract the winmail.dat, view mail body, and save any attachmen...
- Join live video chat rooms from all around the world.
- Talk with friends and family for free over the Internet.
- Chat with other people and participate in group discussions.
- Add a virtual webcam with various video effects to your video c...
- Add dynamic effects to your video from HD Webcams.
- View and delete e-mail directly from your mail server.
- Add live Webcam effects to your videos and photos.
- Communicate instantly with your friends using avatars, PC-to-PC...
- Read, view, open, convert and save the files on winmail.dat ema...
- Extract, merge, split, resize and rotate TIFF pages.
- Connect your Nokia phone to PC to sync data, download software,...
- Transfer your e-mails reliably to another format or program.
- Manage your e-mails, calendars, and contacts and sync with Gmai...
- Simply and quickly create your own custom jigsaw puzzles.
- Divide huge email lists.
- Recover your email messages, contacts, tasks, and notes.
- Extract images files from Acrobat PDF files.
- Extract e-mails from IncrediMail .imm files and save them to mu...
- Create presentations from your images.
- Import .EML and .MSG files into MS Outlook preserving folder st...
- Get data records from Web and local files.
- View, catalog, manage, and distribute your digital pictures.
- Chat with your friends from your desktop.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 57 votes
Current version:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Great time andn frustration saver!!"
Version: Winmail Opener 1.5
Easy to use and works like a charm.
I've had no problems
I got tired of trying to tell people who use Windows Mail (or Outlook) how to fix their system to send Plain Text or HTML. Now I can just ignore them and open their attachments with this program.
"Works great, Easy install."
Version: Winmail Opener 1.5
None that I can think of
Does what it says. Big help for those of us who don't use MS Outlook but receive emails from Outlook users
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content