CNET Editors' review
WinPDFEditor is shareware that stands above the masses of freeware and just beneath the do-it-all, big-box (and big-bucks) "solutions" for editing and converting PDFs. Since software costing three bills is no "solution" for most users' needs, WinPDFEditor's far more modest price makes it a serious alternative for home users, small businesses, and others who need something they can't find in freeware. WinPDFEditor Version 2 works in Windows versions 2000 to 8. WinPDFEditor is free to try, though the trial version places a watermark on output files, and file conversions are limited.
WinPDFEditor started with a splash screen offering two choices: Edit PDF and Convert PDF. We started with an edit. WinPDFEditor's main interface sports the nearly ubiquitous Explorer-style window-and-sidebar layout. It's a bit drab until you add a file, and then the toolbar's icons come to life. We loaded a multipage PDF manual (the sidebar offers list and thumbnail views) and selected a page to edit. We could edit document text; change colors, fonts, and layouts; add text, images, and objects; and even draw on documents with a pen, brush, line tools, and more. The pen and brush tools performed well enough that we didn't miss a pen or touch input, but managed quite well with the mouse. Saving changes to our PDF imposed WinPDFEditor's watermark upon it, as advertised. Pressing Convert PDFs opened a different, bundled tool, WinPDF Editor Converter, which uses a compact drag-and-drop interface. It converts PDFs to text, rich text, JPEG, Flash, and many other formats. We converted PDFs to Word docs, though the trial only does half the job. But Word compatibility will certainly add to WinPDFEditor's value for some users.
You get what you pay for, it's said, but that doesn't mean you should pay for more than you need. We recommend trying different candidates and letting your needs and experience decide. If you only need to edit PDFs now and then, a free but basic utility might be good enough. Better tools are worth paying for, though, and WinPDFEditor won't deplete the treasury if you decide you need more than freeware can offer.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of WinPDFEditor 2.0.1.
From MP3 Toolkit:
Win PDF Editor is a Windows PDF editing software product that lets you modify and edit PDF documents like adding text, insert images, removing unwanted content, drawing lines and rotating PDF pages. If you write text on the PDF, you can change the text font, size, color and move it to anywhere you want on the page. After inserting an image into PDF, you can resize the image and move it also. If you find some words or images need to be removed, simply use the eraser tool to erase. Better than other PDF Reader applications, Win PDF Editor can permanently save the edited PDF content changes in PDF.
What's new in this version: Added the converter engine.
More Products to Consider
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- View AutoCAD DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings, save views to JPEG ima...
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Simplify design process and gain better control over placement ...
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- Convert PDF documents to JPEG, BMP, PNG, and TIFF files easily.
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- Print, e-mail, and save your T-shirts designs all from your des...
- Convert PDF to Word file format.
- Convert XPS to PDF and PDF to XPS format.
- Create advanced 3D graphics, animations, and dynamic broadcast ...
- Convert JPEG/PNG/GIFF/TIFF/BMP images into PDF files.
- Repair or recover damaged PDF files.
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Extract images from PDF files on your Windows PC.
- Convert PDF to image format with ease.
- Create several TIFF, BMP, PNG or JPEG image frame into PDF.
- Scan documentation to PDF and store them in a designated locati...
- Scan paper document and convert image to PDF.
- Create, view, and edit PDF documents.
- Deliver professional PDF communications; share information more...
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Difficult and does not save file."
Version: WinPDFEditor 1.0.2
Opens PDF files. I received it as a free giveaway and thus I registered it.
It was difficult/ungainly to edit PDF files and does not allow one to print the completed file or to save it.
Difficult and does not print nor save files.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content