CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Play Store where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
A cool social GPS driving and navigation app that connects you to other drivers.
Waze is a fun, community-based traffic & navigation app, 30 million strong. Join forces with other drivers nearby to outsmart traffic, save time & gas money, and improve everyone's daily commute.
With community-generated real-time traffic, you'll always get the best route to your destination. By simply driving around with Waze open, you're already contributing tons real-time traffic & road info to your local driving community. You can also actively report accidents, hazards, police and other events you see on the road, and get road alerts coming up on your route too. Find the cheapest gas station along your route with community-shared gas prices.
Now Waze makes it fun and simple to meet up and coordinate with friends on the road. Easily meet up, pick up friends, share your drive and ETA, and see who's headed to your destination too!
It's all about contributing to, and benefiting from, the 'common good' out there on the road, so hop on board, and get involved in your local driving community today!
Drive safe! Waze is hands-free and voice-operated.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze automatically shuts down if it's in the background and you haven't driven for a while.
What's new in this version:
More Products to Consider
- Track the location of your mobile and phone and local networtk ...
- Mumbai Train timetable,Bus routes,Auto & Taxi fare on your mobi...
- Download the latest release of Google Maps, and never carry a p...
- This application is an OBDII ECU diagnostics tool that uses a b...
- Premium turn-by-turn GPS navigation app.
- With Street View on Google Maps, explore the world at street le...
- FREE on-board maps & directions.
- Looking for the ultimate guide to whats going on in Minneapolis...
- Delhi Metro Rail app provides the customers of metro services w...
- Get to know your car with the premier OBDII diagnostic software...
- Everything you need to travel by Metro in New York!.
- Track whereabouts of your family members without alerting them.
- Turn your smart phone into a driving assistance system worth th...
- Instantly translate over 50 languages.
- Provide users with a better place to interact with others world...
- Display your GPS and sensor data on your Android device.
- Your real-time transit guide.
- Whether you're going to Burning Man or not, iBurn 2013 is your ...
- Explore the world from the palm of your hand with Google Earth.
- Pick me up at the station. When? With this App, text your arriv...
- 50% OFF WHILE BETA! Dextr is a new mail experience that brings ...
- This application is for booking your train tickets in Indian Ra...
- Mileage Buddy provides a way to record the details of your dail...
- Buses, bolivia, santa cruz.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Does not work as well since Google bought it."
Version: Waze Social GPS Maps & Traffic 22.214.171.124
Waze was a very powerful, easy to use map & navigation tool that monitored traffic and would determine the quickest route to your destination.
Since Google purchased Waze, it's ability to navigate in High Occupancy Lanes (HOV) has been eliminated. Previously, once a vehicle had entered HOV lanes, the navigation would determine your route through the end of the HOV Lanes (if necessary). In one instance, there was an accident in HOV and WAZE directed me out the exit before the accident and back in after it ... that was before Google. Now it does not work in HOV and routes a vehicle out of HOV into the main lines (usually the wrong way down an on-ramp).
That would normally not be cause for such a low rating, however, the only way to report this navigation problem through the app receives the response, "Waze has no way of knowing the hours of HOV around the country..." (or something equally generic).
I am being kind with two stars because of the unresponsiveness of the Waze team and lack of support.
It worked perfectly before Google bought it; even in HOV.
Use to be a great product, now all it is useful for is giving your commute information to Google to store in their database about your personal life.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content