From Binary Tricks:
Intuitive battery calibration process. Watts takes care of the scheduling of the battery calibration process. Once the calibration is needed (every few weeks, the time between calibrations can be configured by the user), Growl notifications will inform you about the next step to do. Watts strictly follows Apple battery calibration recommended process. At any time when the calibration is needed, go to the Calibration tab and check the status of the step: action to do, how long will it take, if the charger must be plugged or unplugged, and if MacBook can be used or not. When finished, Watts will also log the calibration date, and it will schedule the next one automatically.
When the calibration is not needed, Watts does not show Growl notifications for the steps. You can do a calibration if desired, just follow the step shown in the Calibration tab. Integration in the menubar. Watts runs in the menubar. It provides the same basic information as Mac OS X battery status icon, plus more useful and advanced information. Keep all your battery information at hand. Battery information. Check your battery charge and your battery capacity. Log your batery capacity at any moment, to keep a history record. You can also see if the status of your battery is according Apple lifespan guarantee.
Enable useful Growl battery notifications. You can enable Growl notifications for several battery related events. For example, when the power cord is plugged or unplugged. Another useful notification that will keep your battery in perfect shape: when you have worked for more than 36 hours (configurable value) with the charger connected, Watts will remind you to unplug it and work with battery power. Batteries like to have the electrons moving around.
More Products to Consider
- The Mac Laptop Battery Maintenance Utility helps you keep your ...
- Manually switch between Intel and NVIDIA GPUs on Core i5/i7 Mac...
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Menu bar app that displays advanced information about the state...
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Create reports about your computer and any connected power sour...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Recover data and photos from lost partitions and drives.
- Add tabs and new features to the OS X Finder.
- Pause apps automatically to get more efficient CPU usage and in...
- Screen capture utility.
- Battery information tool for MacBook/Pro/Air.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Recover files, photos and office documents.
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Recovers photo, videos and music files efficiently.
- Improve system-wide audio quality.
- Data recovery software.
- Restore bmp, jpg, png, tif, mp3 files fast and accurately.
- Find where & when your Mac & other Apple hardware were built.
All versions:2.7 stars
out of 7 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Crashes on launch. Zero support from developer."
Version: Watts 1.3.3
Nice app if it worked. But it consistently crashes on launch.
I've emailed the developer twice in two weeks. Not even a response.
Save your hard earned money. Don't buy this app.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content