CNET Editors' review
A small utility for working with MIDI files, this download is aimed particularly at turning these computer-played tunes into the familiar WAV format that can be put onto CD or played on other devices.
We were quite pleased with the wide-ranging Help file and MIDI Wizard, which leads users through the thickets of what can be an extraordinarily complicated digital music format. The interface is similar to Windows Explorer, and the conversion process is as simple as dragging a MIDI file to a separate pane and pushing a button. It offers a way to edit instrument sounds and effects for existing MIDI files, or it can launch a more powerful MIDI editor if you have one on your computer.
None of this will take the place of a real composition program, but for those who want to extract MIDI tunes into a new form, this is certainly a good way to go.
From Polyhedric Software:
WAVmaker turns MIDI files of virtually unlimited polyphony and complexity into CD-quality WAVs with perfect timing precision, using fully editable instrument patches, and samples of virtually unlimited size, without the noise and distortion introduced by conventional recording. The WAVs produced are ready to be burnt on CD, uploaded to a Web site or processed further, for example, mixed with recorded vocals.
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Compose, record, edit, and play music with this 12-channel audi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- View and manage your multimedia files.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert your CDs to MP3s and your MP3s to WAVs.
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Convert, edit, and play audio, synthesizer, and music files.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Transcribe music by converting WAV files into MIDI files.
- Alter voices and the pitch of audio files, without changing the...
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Place an alarm clock on your computer that plays MP3s.
- Transform your PC keyboard into a piano.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Record your own music, voice or other sound into MP3, OGG VOX, ...
- Convert MP3 files into WAV format to burn your own CDs.
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Convert MIDI files into a variety of audio formats.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:2.3 stars
out of 3 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-0 of 0