A calendar browser allows addition of many calendars, such as holidays, local weather, sport schedules, religious occasions, and more. You can also create your own calendars, which are overlaid into day, week, and month views. Events can be filtered or color-coded based on associated calendar, category, priority, or location. Calendars can also be printed using a wide variety of templates and settings. ICS calendar subscriptions are fully supported, along with the ability to import or export ICS files. Calendars can be saved as web pages (HTML) for publication to your website or sharing with others. Files can be linked to events and opened using just 2 clicks of the mouse. Print features are also provided, with a number of layout styles and a preview window that dynamically refreshes to show exactly what will be printed.
VueMinder truly shines in the way it presents reminders, which can be either popup windows or unobtrusive desktop alerts. Reminders can be configured to play media files or even recite text-to-speech descriptions. If your computer speakers are turned up, you'll be able to hear the details of your reminder from another room - no more wondering what the computer is beeping about. If you're familiar with Microsoft Outlook, VueMinder will feel instantly familiar. Even if you've never used Outlook, VueMinder is very intuitive and easy to learn, with many convenient touches, such as the ability to undo accidental reminder dismissal.
What's new in this version:
- Improved program performance, especially when recurring events have been defined.
- Improved performance when importing ICS files that contain recurring events.
- Improved the Details Pane and tooltips to show the date and time when an item was created or last modified.
- Improved the text editor to select double-clicked words.
- Improved contact photos to be cached locally, in case the images were added from a network location. The ima... See all new features »