CNET Editors' review
There are a lot of calendar applications out there, and by this point we think that most people have settled on their favorites, whether they're devoted to Outlook, the online capabilities of Google Calendar, or something else. Most of the stand-alone calendar applications that we review don't particularly impress us, simply because they offer little in the way of features that could conceivably lure people away from other programs. VueMinder Calendar Lite, however, is an exception: this flexible calendar fills a niche that other calendar programs don't.
The application's interface is sleek and attractive, reminding us very much of Microsoft Outlook. It has all the typical things you'd expect from a calendar: you can create different categories to organize events and appointments, set reminders with alarms, and so-on. Where this calendar really shines, however, is with its interactive capabilities. You can share calendars on a local area network, subscribe to any calendars that follow the standard iCalendar format, and sync the VueMinder Calendar with multiple Google Calendars. We also very much like the optional desktop calendar that the program offers; this translucent calendar can be moved around the screen and have its opacity adjusted, allowing you to have a seamlessly integrated calendar readily available. The program's online Help file is well-written and thorough. Overall, we were quite impressed with both the design and features of VueMinder Calendar Lite, and we recommend it highly.
VueMinder Calendar Lite is free. The program installs and uninstalls without issues.
VueMinder Lite is a free calendar and reminder program. If you're looking for the perfect offline PC-based companion to Google Calendar, you've found it in VueMinder, which supports automatic synchronization with Google Calendar and can show your schedule regardless of whether you happen to be online or offline. Data is also backed up automatically, protecting you against the potential loss of your Google Calendar events. A calendar browser allows addition of many calendars, such as holidays, local weather, sport schedules, religious occasions, and more. You can also create your own calendars, which are overlaid into day, week, and month views. Events can be filtered or color-coded based on associated calendar, category, priority, or location. Calendars can also be printed using a wide variety of templates and settings.
ICS calendar subscriptions are fully supported, along with the ability to import or export ICS files. Calendars can be saved as web pages (HTML) for publication to your website or sharing with others. Files can be linked to events and opened using just 2 clicks of the mouse. Print features are also provided, with a number of layout styles and a preview window that dynamically refreshes to show exactly what will be printed. VueMinder truly shines in the way it presents reminders, which can be either popup windows or unobtrusive desktop alerts. Reminders can be configured to play media files or even recite text-to-speech descriptions. If your computer speakers are turned up, you'll be able to hear the details of your reminder from another room - no more wondering what the computer is beeping about. If you're familiar with Microsoft Outlook, VueMinder will feel instantly familiar. Even if you've never used Outlook, VueMinder is very intuitive and easy to learn, with many convenient touches, such as the ability to undo accidental reminder dismissal.
What's new in this version: Version 10.1.9 added more formats for numbering occurrences of a recurring series; cCorrected a problem with multi-day events sometimes overlapping other events on the Month view; corrected problems related to recurring events when importing or subscribing to calendars.
More Products to Consider
- Organize your schedule and provide reminders of events and task...
- Manage, schedule, and keep track of your events, meetings, and ...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Manage any mobile phone from the PC via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or ca...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Manage, schedule, hear, print, find business/personal appointme...
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Keep track of important dates and events.
- Eliminate your credit card debt and consumer loans using popula...
- Plan your activities with menstrual calculator and health manag...
- Track and send notifications about your appointments to your mo...
- Get a cornucopia of calendar related information for 26 differe...
- Create schedules and get a reminder each time you have an upcom...
- Plan, schedule, and manage all of your appointments, events, an...
- Create and share calendars and contacts on any PC, phone, and t...
- Transfer Phone Contacts, SMS, Photos, Call Log between Android,...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 83 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"A great program"
Version: VueMinder Lite 10.1.9
It's an excellent calendar except for one tiny nitpick. It handles months, weeks, and days.
Don't print out the days - it's a massive waste of ink.
Terrific, best calendar that I've ever had.
"complete tasks, reminder solution"
Version: VueMinder Lite 10.1.9
I loved vueminder. 1. It stays on top of your desktop having all events/tasks/reminders at glance without slowing your computer.
2. And I can even categorize them, and create separate calendars. All in same application, in same view. 3. It allows easy integration /sharing with outlook, exchange and google.4. Contact list integration with calendars, say shows up phone number and bday in same view
so far I have found this to be too good.