CNET Editors' review
NCH Software's VideoPad Video Editor Professional is a full-featured video-editing tool that is surprisingly easy to use. It can combine numerous clips and soundtracks in a wide range of video formats into movie projects, or build an entire production out of a single clip. It supports drag-and-drop editing, real-time effects previews, format conversion, importing and exporting files, captions, narration, and more. It can burn DVDs, HDs, and Blu-ray discs and output video to portable devices. It can also capture video from camcorders and other devices.
It's a rare video editor that you can just fire up and start making movies with, but that's what we did with VideoPad Pro. We browsed to a cartoon saved as an MPG file. VideoPad Pro scanned it and displayed it in the left half of the split main view, with its frames running sequentially along the bottom of a main preview window in a scrollable, time-marked view, and also displayed its information in the left-hand Media List panel. Pressing the Play button played the clip normally. Extracting clips from the main clip was incredibly simple; using the timeline, we selected an In Point and an Out Point and clicked the green down arrow. VideoPad extracted the clip and displayed it below in the Video Track section, which is just above the similar Audio Track. In this manner, we quickly cut up and rearranged the cartoon out of sequence, and then previewed it in the right-hand pane. The transitions between merged clips were seamless. We could save our finished clip or subject it to a wide range of processing and production tools. Toolbar icons let us quickly insert blank spaces or add narration, captions, and other effects. Clicking Build Movie called up a dialog that let us select the video format and whether to burn a disc, send it to a portable device, upload it to YouTube, and other choices.
With smartphones, video sharing sites, and Webcams everywhere, there's no lack of raw video resources, just a need for a powerful, easy-to-use tool like VideoPad Video Editor Professional to put your projects together, polish them up, and present them in the format of your choice. More than just fast and competent, though, we also found it fun to use.
Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of VideoPad Video Editor Professional 2.2.0. The trial version is limited to 14 days.VideoPad Video Editor - Create stunning video projects - Download Video Previews:
From NCH Software:
VideoPad is a professional and easy-to-use video editing application which allows you to create movie projects from various video clips or a single video file. It also allows you to import a wide variety of audio and video file formats including .avi, .wmv, .3gp, .wmv, .divx and many others. Video Editing Features: Apply special effects and transtions to your video clips; Insert images into your video with a click of the mouse; Customize the duration of effects; Add text overlays and captions to videos; Green screen / chroma key overlay; Fine tune brightness, saturation and color for your video; Supports Key Framing; Add or import subtitles. Audio Tools: Add up to 255 music tracks to your video project; Record narrations with the click of a button; Import pre-recorded narrations; Free sound effect library included. Share With Family and Friends: Burn to DVD and watch in your living room on your TV; Show off your latest pics and clips on PSP, iPod, iPhone, 3GP mobile phone or Pocket PC; Explore the most advanced way to burn HD DVDs and Blu-Ray Discs; Output video files and share your creation with more friends on computer or through the Internet; Upload to YouTube directly saving your login credentials in VideoPad.
What's new in this version: Version 3.24 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Burn audio and data CDs, video DVDs, and Blu-ray data discs.
- Create and play your own movies in no time.
- Edit video, audio, image in timeline panel with special effects...
- Edit video with music, images and effect in a professional way.
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Create and edit professional looking videos; rotate, crop, cut,...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Play digital media of various formats including incomplete, par...
- Back up media to Blu-ray discs and access your media via HTTP p...
- Burn videos to DVD disc or generate ISO files.
- Unleash your creativity to transform your video footage into am...
- Convert video files from avi, mpg, vob, wmv into avi, asf or wm...
- Add watermarks to your videos.
- Edit voice and sound recordings on a Windows PC.
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Convert MTS and other popular video/audio files to any video an...
- Record videos from your screen, webcam or other video devices o...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Convert MKV videos to AVI, WMV, FLV, MP4 for playback on popula...
- Create movies from camcorder videos and common videos.
- Load or record audio clips and mix them together.
- Convert videos to AVI, MPEG, VCD, or WMV formats.
All versions:2.9 stars
out of 169 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Spyware Riddled do not load."
Version: VideoPad Video Editor Professional 3.24
Easy to uninstall.
Would not download youtube videos
Hidden software installed on pc which caused banner ads
Did not try to use it further to find out more.
There is nothing professional about this software
I won't trust download's own reviews again. This software tries to hijack your browsers even though you try to exclude all the optional software choices. What has happened to Download.com if they allow this standard of software?
Solution is to pay for decent software I suppose.
"SCAM ALERT! Don't trust CNET reviews!"
Version: VideoPad Video Editor Professional 3.24
It's easy to use, has nice features etc... for ONLY three months until they force you to buy a new version!
If you update the software after 3 months YOU HAVE TO BUY AN UPDATED VERSION! Oh and of course you can't revert to an older version nor do they provide a download for it.
They also don't tell you that an update will cost you as much as your original purchase.
So less than a year after purchasing this software I cannot use it unless I pay them more money. Wow what a scam, I cannot believe I fell for this - thanks CNET!
Unbelievable that CNET has this software highly rated, if the reviewer actually bought the software they would know this is a dishonest software company.