From NCH Software:
This professional text to speech application is designed to assist in listening to text. Verbose can be used to read aloud any text, then save it as mp3 or wav files for future listening.
~ Sit and relax while your PC reads the text to you ~ Save text to MP3 or wav ~ Proofread your own writing ~ Great for slow readers or people with a reading disability ~ Take some reading with you on your daily walk or run ~ Great tool to assist you study for exams. ~ Listen to an eBook during your journey ~ Great for people with low vision or the elderly. ~ Prepare for a big speech by hearing your words read aloud.
~ Save as either Wav or MP3. ~ Setup and use hotkeys for quicker and easier use. ~ Runs in the background so you can still use your computer as normal.
What's new in this version: Major update.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Have document text read out loud.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Convert text from your screen to speech or convert the text to ...
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Listen to your texts being read out loud.
- Listen to the computer reading aloud any text, or convert text ...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Read text with synthesized voice and save text to an MP3 file f...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Read text documents aloud and save them as audio files.
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Listen to copied text or save it on your MP3 player.
- Convert text into immediate speech.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Have the contents of a Web page read to you.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Have your text read through voice.
- Experience text-to-speech technologies in many ways.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"No uninstaller + undeletable upgrade nags = adware"
Version: Verbose Text to Speech 2.01
It does convert text to speech. Sound quality of the generated files is typical of the genre: adequate to understand what is being read, but very noisy.
I was getting ready to uninstall this program because I have other (totally free) utilities that do the same thing, and that would have been that. However, there is no uninstaller, and the application has a service running in the background that prevents manual deletion. So, it became the usual detective drama to kill the processes, delete the files, find & remove the registry entries and cross my fingers that there aren't other residual artifacts still gumming up my system. THAT's the Con that earned this product an unfavorable review.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: