CNET Editors' review
Vehicle Manager Fleet Edition from Kaizen Software Solutions is a professional-quality vehicle inventory and maintenance database. Using it, business owners and fleet managers can track mileage, fuel use, service intervals, and repairs, and cross-reference each with tools for managing personnel such as drivers, vendors, and other contacts, and parts and materials. It simplifies the daunting task of keeping track of a large fleet of cars and trucks, but its real benefit is in keeping every vehicle serviced in a timely fashion, and in keeping track of every repair and part. It can save you money in the front office and on the shop floor every day and in the long run.
Database interfaces tend to be fairly similar--namely, dull, tabular, businesslike. Vehicle Manager Fleet Edition has an unusually clean and well-distributed main page, though. While there are plenty of the usual spreadsheet-type tables, much of the page layout will be familiar to anyone who ever tried to read a mechanic's scrawls on a service ticket. Pictures of the vehicles break up the monotony, too, though the program is all about taking care of business.
"Kaizen" is a Japanese management concept emphasizing continuous improvement. While Kaizen Software is a Silicon Valley company, its product shows the effort of refinement and the company's expertise in developing database tracking software for business. Vehicle Manager Fleet Edition is free to try with some limitations, and it's $349 to buy, which is a lot for the hobbyist but could quickly earn its keep in a hard-working fleet.
Vehicle Manager Fleet Edition tracks your vehicle fleet maintenance, service expenses, parts and part numbers, vendor information, contact information, service reminders, service schedule, and fuel log.
What's new in this version: Version 2.0.1151 updated to warn the user if multiple source fields are mapped to a single destination field when importing records.
More Products to Consider
- Store and manage vehicle information.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Track vehicle maintenance, fuel, and total expenses records.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Manage and catalog your vehicle's parts for reassembling.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Monitor your vehicle maintenance, parts, and other information ...
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Schedule and track vehicle maintenance schedules, inspections a...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Track work orders, PM, repairs, parts, and labor.
- Organize your employee information for effective business manag...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Manage your vehicle service records.
- Create maintenance schedule, track expenses about your vehicles...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Keep track of information about your vehicle.
- Copy tracks from iPod to your local hard drive.
- Keep track of information about your car fleet.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1