CNET Editors' review
Vehicle Manager Fleet Edition from Kaizen Software Solutions is a professional-quality vehicle inventory and maintenance database. Using it, business owners and fleet managers can track mileage, fuel use, service intervals, and repairs, and cross-reference each with tools for managing personnel such as drivers, vendors, and other contacts, and parts and materials. It simplifies the daunting task of keeping track of a large fleet of cars and trucks, but its real benefit is in keeping every vehicle serviced in a timely fashion, and in keeping track of every repair and part. It can save you money in the front office and on the shop floor every day and in the long run.
Database interfaces tend to be fairly similar--namely, dull, tabular, businesslike. Vehicle Manager Fleet Edition has an unusually clean and well-distributed main page, though. While there are plenty of the usual spreadsheet-type tables, much of the page layout will be familiar to anyone who ever tried to read a mechanic's scrawls on a service ticket. Pictures of the vehicles break up the monotony, too, though the program is all about taking care of business.
"Kaizen" is a Japanese management concept emphasizing continuous improvement. While Kaizen Software is a Silicon Valley company, its product shows the effort of refinement and the company's expertise in developing database tracking software for business. Vehicle Manager Fleet Edition is free to try with some limitations, and it's $179.95 to buy, which is a lot for the hobbyist but could quickly earn its keep in a hard-working fleet.
Vehicle Manager Fleet Edition tracks your vehicle fleet maintenance, service expenses, parts and part numbers, vendor information, contact information, service reminders, service schedule, and fuel log.
What's new in this version: Version 2.0.1148 fixes an error could occur which would corrupt the password.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- Track vehicle maintenance, fuel, and total expenses records.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Manage and catalog your vehicle's parts for reassembling.
- Store and manage vehicle information.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Monitor your vehicle maintenance, parts, and other information ...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Schedule and track vehicle maintenance schedules, inspections a...
- Create, view, edit and share word, spreadsheet and presentation...
- Track work orders, PM, repairs, parts, and labor.
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Organize your employee information for effective business manag...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Create maintenance schedule and track expenses about your vehic...
- Manage your vehicle service records.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Keep track of information about your vehicle.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Copy tracks from iPod to your local hard drive.
- Keep track of information about your car fleet.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1