Unreal Media Server is a software streaming server offering rich choice of live and on demand streaming functionality. It streams with variety of streaming protocols to deliver content to Flash Player, Silverlight, Windows Media Player, Unreal Media Player, mobile devices and Set-Top boxes. The server supports UMS (our proprietary, DirectShow-based, codec-independent) protocol for streaming to Unreal Media Player in Unicast and Multicast modes; RTMP and RTMPT protocols for streaming to Flash Player; MS-WMSP and MS Smooth streaming protocols for Silverlight and Windows Media Player; Apple HTTP Live streaming protocol for iOS and other HLS-enabled devices; MPEG2-TS protocol for streaming to Set-Top boxes. Unreal Media Server streams ANY multimedia file format, encoded with ANY codec. Supported container formats include but are not limited to: MP4, ASF, AVI, MKV, MPEG, WMV, FLV, OGG, MP3, 3GP, MOV. Files can be unicasted in "on-demand" mode or multicasted in "live" mode. Playlist functionality is supported. Unreal Media Server supports ingesting live streams from wide range of live software and hardware encoders that send streams over RTMP, RTSP, MPEG2-TS, MS-WMPS and UMS protocols. Incoming live streams can be instantly served to various players via two live streaming delivery modes: Near-Real-Time and Buffered. Conferencing applications can take advantage of 0.2 - 2 seconds latency provided by Near-Real-Time mode. Supported live encoders include: RTMP hardware and software live encoders such as FMLE; RTSP and MPEG2-TS software servers and encoding devices such as IP cameras and broadcasting equipment; MS-WMSP encoders such as WME; Unreal Live Server which is our proprietary live audio-video encoder. Unreal Live Server supports any possible capture device attached to a PC, such as USB digital camera, microphone or capture/TV-tuner card. Unreal Live Server encodes captured audio-video with H264, VC1, AAC, MP3, WMA codecs and streams it over UMS protocol to Unreal Media Server. Unreal Live Server and Unreal Archival Server can also record live content based on schedule or motion detection, independently of streaming, into ASF and MP4 files.
What's new in this version: Adaptive bitrate streaming
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Download web video and audio from millions of sites and convert...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Stream RealAudio, RealVideo, and other media from your Web site...
- Play digital media of various formats including incomplete, par...
- Upload your Webcam pictures to the Web.
- Broadcast live Webcam video feed.
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Prepare live feeds or existing audio and video files for online...
- Deliver live FLV stream continuously via embedded HTTP server.
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Organize media files and watch them on your favorite digital de...
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Manage your Internet and home media and create your personalize...
- Play any video and audio file including Youtube clips without t...
- Save streaming audio and video content.
- Stream audio and video files from other media servers on your l...
- Convert your videos, audios, and pictures to preferable file fo...
- Client to connect to the largest online Go server.
- Broadcast streaming audio over the Internet.
All versions:2.6 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-5 of 5
"You may need to be a techie but it works fantastic"
Version: Unreal Media Server 10.0
Actually, you don't have to be that technical to figure this out, especially compared to something with zero UI like Wowza or a giant UI like IIS. This is a great product. Also, you don't need the plug-in to play video but it does offer a better experience. You can just use JW Player. Besides, IE is free so who cares if it uses IE?
For the money, absolutely none.
Great product. Set up your own home surveillance system using old smart phones if you like. This server will let you pull all the video together, archive the streams, pause playback...everything. Very nice.
"Decent Media server"
Version: Unreal Media Server 5.5
Unreal Media server is a good program for use in closed network enviroments as long as all computers on the network have the unreal media player installed. Easy to understand interface and plays most media types. Plus the additional media player can be embedded in html for use in webpages.
The only thing I found wrong with this program is that the plug-in for the player only seems to support internet explorer, and other players seem to have problems playing video over the network.
"Typical free program"
Version: Unreal Media Server 5.5
"It's really complicated, you have to be a techie to use it."
Version: Unreal Media Server 5
It's free, it looks quite versatile, very clean appearance.
"Fantastic, small memory footprint. High quality."
Version: Unreal Media Server 3.0 service pack 1
I just downloaded this program as I'd tried ATI EazyShare and Beyond TV...too complicated and many compatibility issues.
I can now stream stereo, high quality TV from my living room Media Centre PC to all networked PCs in my house. I'm doing it via a 54g USB connection, and for decent quality it only needs around 700K per second.
It's limited to 56Kbps for audio, but you can license it for higher audio bit-rates.
Amazingly, I notice less that half a second lag from the source (TV) to network PCs!
No problems with installation or firewall/port issues.
It can also stream via HTTP, which I haven't tried yet, but I believe I could stream my webcam if I wanted to (it can stream any Directshow device).
Highly recommended (see my rave at h t t p:/ /ianlongdon.blogspot.com).
The audio can become out of synch after 15 mins or so if network traffic is interrupted. This is sorted by just clicking STOP and PLAY again.