Unreal Media Server is a software streaming server offering rich choice of live and on demand streaming functionality. It streams with variety of streaming protocols to deliver content to Flash Player, Silverlight, Windows Media Player, Unreal Media Player, mobile devices and Set-Top boxes. The server supports UMS (our proprietary, DirectShow-based, codec-independent) protocol for streaming to Unreal Media Player in Unicast and Multicast modes; RTMP and RTMPT protocols for streaming to Flash Player; MS-WMSP and MS Smooth streaming protocols for Silverlight and Windows Media Player; Apple HTTP Live streaming protocol for iOS and other HLS-enabled devices; MPEG2-TS protocol for streaming to Set-Top boxes. Unreal Media Server streams ANY multimedia file format, encoded with ANY codec. Supported container formats include but are not limited to: MP4, ASF, AVI, MKV, MPEG, WMV, FLV, OGG, MP3, 3GP, MOV. Files can be unicasted in "on-demand" mode or multicasted in "live" mode. Playlist functionality is supported. Unreal Media Server supports ingesting live streams from wide range of live software and hardware encoders that send streams over RTMP, RTSP, MPEG2-TS, MS-WMPS and UMS protocols. Incoming live streams can be instantly served to various players via two live streaming delivery modes: Near-Real-Time and Buffered. Conferencing applications can take advantage of 0.2 - 2 seconds latency provided by Near-Real-Time mode. Supported live encoders include: RTMP hardware and software live encoders such as FMLE; RTSP and MPEG2-TS software servers and encoding devices such as IP cameras and broadcasting equipment; MS-WMSP encoders such as WME; Unreal Live Server which is our proprietary live audio-video encoder. Unreal Live Server supports any possible capture device attached to a PC, such as USB digital camera, microphone or capture/TV-tuner card. Unreal Live Server encodes captured audio-video with H264, VC1, AAC, MP3, WMA codecs and streams it over UMS protocol to Unreal Media Server. Unreal Live Server and Unreal Archival Server can also record live content based on schedule or motion detection, independently of streaming, into ASF and MP4 files.
What's new in this version:
- Version 10.0:
- Support for automatic start of Apple Http live streaming
- Support for Flash encoders such as FMLE
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Convert and edit your video files adding slide shows and titles...
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Back up media to Blu-ray discs and access your media via HTTP p...
- Provide game developers with the XNA Framework run-time librari...
- Add watermarks to all videos whatever AVI, MP4, FLV, MOV, MPG.
- Track your submissions to publishers, receive alerts, and recor...
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Convert MTS and other popular video/audio files to any video an...
- Launch multiple Skype sessions and sign on accounts.
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Convert MKV videos to AVI, WMV, FLV, MP4 for playback on popula...
- Record Skype calls and chat history to your Gmail account.
- Client to connect to the largest online Go server.
- Convert all video/audio formats with high definition and top sp...
- Experience the Web with the browser whose source code served th...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Preview M3U, M3U8, and PLS playlists.
- Convert general videos and HD videos to your desired HD formats...
- Make secure e-business messaging faster, easier, and easily int...
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
All versions:2.6 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"You may need to be a techie but it works fantastic"
Version: Unreal Media Server 10.0
Actually, you don't have to be that technical to figure this out, especially compared to something with zero UI like Wowza or a giant UI like IIS. This is a great product. Also, you don't need the plug-in to play video but it does offer a better experience. You can just use JW Player. Besides, IE is free so who cares if it uses IE?
For the money, absolutely none.
Great product. Set up your own home surveillance system using old smart phones if you like. This server will let you pull all the video together, archive the streams, pause playback...everything. Very nice.