This unofficial service pack contains all Windows 98 SE updates from the Windows Update site and more. It is a self-extracting and self-installing pack like Microsoft's update files. Thus, you cannot choice files individually. However, the pack installs only required fixes for your system. Uninstallation is possible from Add-Remove Programs. However, I don't recommend uninstallation of the pack, if you don't have any problem.
This is only for WINDOWS 98 SECOND EDITION ENGLISH. I highly recommend that you should backup your system before installing the pack. You must have at least 32 MB of RAM.
It contains only operating system updates. It does NOT contain Internet Explorer 6, DirectX 9, Media Player 9 and their updates.
What's new in this version:
- Solves 512 MB of RAM problem.
- 256-color tray icons.
- Better Notepad: MetaPad 3.5 (Optional).
- Optimized swap file usage (Optional).
- Better WDM and USB support.
- Adaptec ASPI 4.60.1021 drivers (Optional).
- Windows Scripting Host 5.6.
- DCOM98 1.3.
- OLE Automation Libraries 2.40.4522.
- Dial-Up Networking 1.4.
- Microsoft Installer 2.0.
- and much more...