CNET Editors' review
If you're one of those people who doesn't read the Help file, you might not think much of this program. UltraSafe doesn't give much onscreen user guidance, and the three-option main window doesn't seem to warrant it. There's a detailed Help file to assist novice users though.
Aside from Password Generator and Options, the only other choice is Password Accounts. Some testers were underwhelmed when choosing the latter and selecting Add New Account. The only fields were Title, Password (twice), and Password Hint. After filling in the information, the new account title appears.
Those quicker on the mark realized that you set up an Account first, then add individual password entries. There were all the typical fields for entering password information, including URL, user name, and password, but nothing special was included.
You can create as many accounts as you like to organize your login information, and within each account you can create as many sections as you want. The process was simple, and password records are shown in columns. Passwords are masked, but you can view and edit a specific record with one click. There's also an option to open the URL in your default browser.
Everything worked, but nothing was remarkable or unique to this program. The same goes for the password generator, which only allows you to choose the length. You can only enter three passwords with the demo version, but that's more than enough latitude to fully test UltraSafe. The best thing about this program is that it keeps things fairly simple, but we've tested some freeware options that have it beat in features and functionality. While there's nothing wrong with UltraSafe, we suggest you try a few other programs before making your decision on a password organizer.
From UltraTech Software:
UltraSafe is a user-friendly software program that safely stores your user names and passwords for websites, banking, e-mail accounts and more into a secure database. It also allows you to safely store other important information such as Credit/Debit Details, Bank Account Details and anything else you would like to keep a secret. When your information is saved to the database, the highly acclaimed 128 bit Blowfish encryption algorithm is applied to scramble your important information. Multiple accounts can be setup which allows more than one user to use UltraSafe to manage their own password lists. When adding information, a password is required. The program can be minimized to the taskbar. Minimizing UltraSafe will automatically lock the program, which requires you to re-enter your UltraSafe password. UltraSafe also comes with a Password Generator which allows you to easily create random passwords upto 30 characters in length.
More Products to Consider
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Organize and store your UserID information.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Lock your computer content with a password.
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Protect your personal data including credit cards information a...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Organize and manage usernames and passwords.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect your critical business information.
- Manage your passwords in a secure and automated environment.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Encrypt e-mails, files, folders and USB flash drives.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Encrypt your passwords, images, videos, and documents so only y...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Create and manage crucially important passwords.
- Store your password securely in one encrypted file and type you...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Keep your personal folders, files, and documents private.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1