CNET Editors' review
TurboNote+ aims to eliminate pesky yellow sticky notes from piling up on your desk. This simple program provides a service that numerous other downloads do, but manages to create a unique and superior system with an intuitive layout.
This program differentiates itself from other note downloads with its ease of use. A new yellow note appears by simply clicking and dragging the tray icon onto your desktop. While this sounds like a simple move, many other programs make creating new notes far too complicated. TurboNote+ keeps the more complex options a simple right click away. An expansive menu gives you options for printing notes, locking the text down, prioritizing visibility, finding specific text, and even e-mailing a note. Another area where TurboNote+ nudges out the competition is with its alarm system; simple, basic and effective, it makes reminding yourself a breeze. Users also can adjust the size, text display, color, and even the transparency of notes.
TurboNote+ functions well for those who simply want to make a quick note and get a reminder, and the process is nearly as simple as scratching a message on a physical sticky note. TurboNote+ is a great download and we highly recommend it for those trying to stay organized.
Sticky notes manages to-do lists, reminders, schedules, and instant messaging. You can 'stick' notes to your screen and send them to others on your network or via e-mail. Use them for reminders, messages, to-do lists, Web and e-mail addresses. You can change note colours and sizes, set one-off or regular alarms, print them, lock them, and keep your screen uncluttered by hiding them. Notes are saved when you turn your computer off and are automatically backed up.
What's new in this version: Version 7.0 has improved maximum note text size has been doubled to 60kb, create simple links to other notes, and save images in PNG format as well as BMP.
More Products to Consider
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Create and organize 3D sticky notes on your desktop or send the...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Monitor and analyze on the processes and operations happening o...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Boost up your Windows built-in search with more speed and funct...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Replace Windows Explorer with this easy-to-navigate file manage...
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Improve your Windows Vista system performance.
- Create notes and record voice memos, and post them to your desk...
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Archive files with support for ZIP/ZIPX, RAR, TAR, LHA, 7-ZIP, ...
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: TurboNote+ 7.0
Lots of new features since I last upgraded, ok on my Windows 7 and 8 pcs
Price could be cheaper
Our office has been using Turbonote for years but it has been a while since we upgraded. The install was easy enough, and it ran right away, with all my existing notes showing up.
The new features I like the most are the links to other notes, bigger notes ( more text) and the alarm improvements ' cos I am a heavy alarm user.
I notice on Windows 7 that you can't drag off they tray icon any more - I had to learn to double click instead.
Not much else matters to me but I see it does have transparent notes - I don't know how long that has been there but another reviewer said it wasn't.