CNET Editors' note: You will be taken to a third-party site to complete your download. Using P2P and file-sharing software to distribute copyrighted material without authorization is illegal in the United States and many other countries. CBS Interactive does not encourage or condone the illegal duplication or distribution of copyrighted content.
Tribler is a BitTorrent client that doesn't require a tracker for finding content. With content we mean video, audio, pictures, and much more. Tribler has three goals in helping you, the user: Through our improved search functionality you search in content of other Tribler users, and in content of big video web portals such as Youtube and Liveleak. You can browse through different categories as video, audio, or pictures. You can also see what is most popular and what is made available recently. All these functionalities will definitely help you in finding something you like. By making friends and getting in touch with users with similar taste you can find content that you might find interesting. You yourself can also show to your friends what you like and what they definitely should see. Because of the integrated video and audio player you can almost immediately start watching your favorite video(s) or listen to your favorite song(s). Tribler is a social application. This means you can make friends with other users and you can show to everyone what you like and dislike. And by sharing your content you also help other Tribler users to enjoy their favorite content.
What's new in this version: Version 6.1.0 has includes faster downloads, less disk and CPU consumption used for community synchronization.
More Products to Consider
- Download and convert videos from video streaming sites.
- Download YouTube videos and convert to multiple formats.
- Increase your connection speed and recover broken downloads.
- Convert over 20M YouTube to MP3 music clips and ringtones.
- Download and convert videos, including YouTube to MP3, M4A, FLV...
- Download free videos from YouTube, Google, Yahoo, Facebook.
- Convert multiple Youtube videos to various formats.
- Download YouTube videos and accelerate downloads.
- Download and convert any YouTube video into your favorite forma...
- Manage your file downloads on your Windows PC.
- Download and manage torrent files.
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purpose
- Extract music from YouTube movies as MP3 files.
- Download video and music from YouTube.
- Download videos from YouTube and increase download speeds by up...
- Download social music or video for your Windows PC.
- Download YouTube videos and convert them into various formats.
- Accelerate your downloads to the fastest possible speed.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Chat with your friends in text, voice, and video modes.
- Stick pictures, text, and video from webpages.
- Clip, share and spark conversation about excerpts from the page...
- Convert any popular video/audio to iPod video/audio with unmatc...
- Join live-video chat rooms from around the world.
- Share your thoughts on any page, paragraph, image or video.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"nice idea but flawed"
Version: Tribler 5.5.10
lots of channels and ability to add from outside sources
Record keeping is lousy. I began yesterday at 136gb down and 138gb up. I downloaded one movie overnight that was aroung 700gb and this morning it was 145gb down and 138gb up. Worse than that I began the week at +21gb which mostly simply was eroded by tribler. I have let things run extra to build up and keep in the good but what is the point. I no longer care what my rating is. If there is a problem with that I am out of here.
Needs work. Besides the cheating on records, has to be reset often, like with every new download and even then it often has to be reset again. I am using windows 7 on a DellIt is 4 days since my review. I actually am using 5.5.24 Tribler. I have downloaded 2 more GB and it correctly reads 147 on the up load end but the download has soared to 190. It was 188 when I turned it off and 190 at the restart. I suspect something fishy going on. Current plan is to finish the lasts download and get rid of Tribler in any form. I now call it fatally flawed.
Updated on Apr 22, 2012
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content