Toucan is a small utility allowing you to synchronize, backup and secure your data with more options than the built in suite utilities. It is split up into 5 tabs, allowing you to easily find the function that you want.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Backup data files to an FTP server.
- Organize intuitively all your tasks.
- Copy name of the file to the clipboard.
- Store your tasks, appointments, and info-snippets in a generic ...
- Search and remove unwanted adware and toolbars from your comput...
- Clean accumulated invalid Windows Registry entries.
- Share MyDiet data for Palm, Pocket PC or Nokia.
- Split and merge files easily.
- Clear drives from unnecessary & temporary files.
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Great product, easy to use, lots of features!"
Version: Toucan 3.0.4
great combination of features and simplicity
none so far
"Good for small jobs only"
Version: Toucan 2.1.0
Download was small, install was quick & worked well for small sets of files & has a lot of functions (Sync, scripts, variables, etc..).
Crashed too often to be useful in any serious corporate application. And had limited differential backup functions.
Differential backup currently also supports one source folder. Which ruled it out as a viable tool for our application.
There was no information in help file about system requirements. And also no information about how it handles large files (beyond the 4GB FAT limit).
Crashed on large sets of files (around 100GB of source files) and while adding folders to the list of files to backup. Here are the details of one of the several crashes encounted, in case the developers are interested. Unhandled exception at 0x005ddfec in Toucan.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000028. (Testing was done on Windows 2003)
Some interesting settings like filestreams are in the settings.ini text file rather than the main interface. While the settings tab in the interface is almost empty, except for uninteresting options like the font selection.
In all a bit of a shame, definitely has potential if the crash bugs can be fixed.
"Great piece of software"
Version: Toucan 2.0.3
Easy to use for anyone, simple interface, fast, no "learning" required
none so far
I have been searching for a good backup/sync software for a while and tried lots of others, but this software clearly stands out amongst them. I think its better than other file backup/sync software (like Synchredible etc...). A very easy to use interface with all the options laid out in the User interface, no need to create scripts, jobs etc., Just specify the two folders you want to sync/backup, select the appropriate action and OK and it does the job for you.
The only downside I found out that it only shows file-names while copying/updating and does not show progress bars, not a big deal though.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content