CNET Editors' review
This free tool claims to pull up user activity in terms of Internet use, files, and temporary files, but its puzzling user interface kept us from getting results.
At first glance, TotalRecall has a seemingly straightforward user interface, with a toolbar and command buttons across the top, and panels for displaying the records and links. But a closer look revealed confusing command buttons and descriptions. For example, the first button resembled a folder, but the button's description said "Easy work is over." Other button descriptions were just as confusing. We clicked through each button, and the only one that returned results was the recent opened documents button. It listed the file name, creation time, last access time, and link address. The Help feature that comes with the program is in the form of a PDF and we couldn't get it to open.
Thanks to its baffling user interface, we failed to get the program to work for us. Skip this tool and try one that makes it much clearer what the user should do and what to expect.
A lot of different information about a user's activity is kept within the personal computer. Usually the user does not know about its existence. TotalRecall is a forensic analysis tools to reconstruct Internet Explorer and user's activity. TotalRecall investigates: MS IE activity, MS IE history, MS IE cookie, MS IE favorites, and some user's activity (recent files and folders, not erased temporary files).
What's new in this version:
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Download, chart, and analyze free historical data from the Inte...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Search information on the Web using different search engines an...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Download videos from various video sites easily.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Search for information from any Web site.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Store and display search, bidding, and selling information from...
- Get various tools for protecting your computer and Web browsing...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Recovery computer system details and all sub-section details of...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Get various tools and charts for statistical analysis.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Get tools and information needed to install and configure MS Pr...
- Find best available prices when shopping online.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Search for needed information with the help of a live guide.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Helpful to investigators?"
Version: TotalRecall 1.1
It shows all IE activities,files saved while surfing etc.May be helpfull for investigators,parents watching pc-activities of their children etc.
Eventhough "janusware" has given a long userguide,one does not know what to do with the data retieved.
"Very Easy Interface with Time Stamp display"
Version: TotalRecall 1.1
It delivers what it promises. It displays in one application all the history, cookies, and activity. It is very important an application like this to display the exact time of activity and the sites browsed and this application does that.
List is not automatically refreshed, it does take 1 click to tell it to display the list. It does not have extensive options and does not have ability to hide the app.