CNET Editors' review
Busy users may need an efficient way to track their tasks. TodoPlus for Mac has all of the functions necessary for organizing to-dos, but the cluttered interface makes it difficult to use.
Download and installation of this free program completed quickly, as did initial set up. No technical support was available and the tutorial was of little help. After moving through the tutorial menus, TodoPlus for Mac began to slow the test computer down, lengthening the time spent switching between different menus. The program's main interface has a cluttered row of buttons along the top of the window. Users have a number of options, including creating new lists, importing text files, and displaying as HTML, along with additional functions for prioritizing lists. Once lists are created, users can organize them into file folders based on categories or in any other way the user sees fit. All of these functions perform adequately, but the program's overall slow functioning and inefficient menu diminish its utility.
TodoPlus for Mac functions adequately, but its poor design and heavy CPU usage make it less useful than other, Web-based list applications.
Free task management software. Organize large to-do lists the easy way. Focus on your most important tasks first. Reduce time spend on unimportant tasks. Stay focused on one task at a time. Always know what to do next. Achieve more in less time by being more productive. Key Features: 1. Easy to use - TodoPlus is designed with productivity and simplicity in mind. It is fast to add and organize many tasks. 2. Filters - Focus on your most important tasks using filtering : Hide unimportant tasks and/or finished tasks. 3. Sub-tasks - You can have many levels of sub-tasks, that can be opened and closed like folders - and even hidden if "unimportant". 4. Password protection - Files are encrypted and backed up and you may add a password to each file. 5. Accessibility - Keyboard shortcuts for anything. Fast access to tools. Resizeable fonts. 6. Multiple lines per task - Tasks titles can have multiple lines of text. 7. Search for tags - Search through large files for tags like 'email', 'phone' and 'urgent'. 8. Continue where you left off - TodoPlus remembers all your settings including window position/size, font face/size, filter settings, file history the last opened file. 9. Import/Export tasks - Just copy/paste the tasks both ways. Preview in web browser, can be easily transferred to other text-editors. 10. Cross-platform - TodoPlus works both on Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X and the TodoPlus fileformat (*.plan) is the same.
What's new in this version: Bug fixes. Usability improvements. Export task lists as text files. Multiple instances allowed.
More Products to Consider
- Personal finance and money management for individuals and small...
- Simple alarm clock & timer.
- Enhanced calendar app with iCal and Google Calendar sync/sharin...
- Scientific and Programmers desktop calculator with variables an...
- Powerful general purpose text editor, and Unix and server admin...
- Save & organize any text you may want handy.
- Edit mind maps, XML/HTML documents, and directory trees.
- Countup/countdown chronometer.
- Play a wide range of audio files at variable speed to assist wi...
- List of all active shortcuts of the current application.
- Clear duplicate contacts out of Address Book.
- Easy and free Personal todo list and shared task list for your ...
- OneNote-style note taking and clipping app.
- All-in-1 tool for tracking and analyzing your investments and t...
- Sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose.
- A goofy idea organizer and information manager.
- Video SIP softphone application.
- Organize and manage your finances and track your spending.
- Calculate expressions.
- Quickly create visually appealing mind maps.
- Manage your tasks and time efficiently.
- Roll your ergonomically correct chair through wild office adven...
- Manage and keep track of your personal finances.
- Performs missed periodic maintainance tasks.
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"It's ugly as hell and ununderstandable like windoz!"
Version: TodoPlus 2.000
It remembers us how lucky we are using Mac!
It's a shock, a nightmare!
It's hardly to believe that such a... disgusting 'thing' was thought to work on a proper Operating System born after 1984.
Not to mention the time needed to just START to understand how it works!
A jump in the past and a side jump then, from the good to the evil.
"Great productivity app"
Version: TodoPlus 2.000
There is nothing superfluous.
Didn't mention problems with this program.
It helps me much with my working time management.
"Perfect For What I Want!"
Version: TodoPlus 1.541
- Simple to Use
- Basic, but still full of options
None that I have found
I was looking for a 'To Do' tool that doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, because I don't need or want them. I want a tool that simple lets me create a list, with sublists, and this is exactly what I wanted it.
It was easy to set up and I was able to start using it right away because it's pretty intuitive. And it's free! Thank you so much for this simple tool.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content